DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

I am surprised and not surprised that one of the two rivalries shipped features Triple Haitch. I like the guy's work in general, but that feud sucked after the SummerSlam '02 street fight. Am I misremembering or was that 3 stages of hell match at Armageddon just the worst shit since the Triple H/Vince walk around the arena from Armageddon '99? Man, between those two matches, fuck Armageddon. The Rocky feud within the DX/Nation feud would've been more entertaining.

The only match I like in the feud is their December RAW match. That Summerslam match has aged horribly.

That IGN description has my interest piqued for sure. I'm trying to decide whether to stick with my 360 for one more year of if this will be the game that I need to finally upgrade to the PS4....for....

Here's our first video of gameplay. It's full of horrible button mashing but it's gameplay nonetheless.

http://youtu.be/rwvVRqMIrWs

Still some ugly transitions and animations from seemingly the PSX days, but overall looks really nice and the selling is better. I wonder if we have like five main grapple moves for each colour of the health bar (you can see the first stage is a darker green, the second a greeny yellow). Watching the video some more, I can't read all of the tutorial text on the collar and elbow tie up and chain wrestling stuff because of jerkoff button masher extraordinaire (whom you can actually hear mashing away), but you can apparently strike an opponent and wrench a hold three times each per hold and it's a timed thing. To get the advantage you move the right stick around and find a hot spot like in the UFC game. Neat. Little concerning that Cesaro hits two Michinoku Drivers in like 15 seconds. Also, another cool little thing is Orton's fatigue was up over 50% within a minute because of all the button mashing that person was doing. I like that.

PS I disagree about the street fight, I watched it a few years ago and while it doesn't have the emotional impact it originally had knowing Shawn became a full timer (and half the wrestler he was during his peak, maybe a quarter), I really enjoyed it and liked the backwork and big spots.

Man I'm way more excited about that Goldust screenshot than the gameplay video, but I think I hate whoever was playing that game.  Mr. Tappymash, king of the Irish whip.  Mashed right past Cesaro's entrance too. I hope all this "it's only a placeholder crowd" stuff is true because the crowd looks like absolute buttshit.

HUGE difference in the ring size, which was wrong for years and the ropes were like a foot off from where they should be in real life. Looks a lot better.

http://youtu.be/v9nvqUln-Qk

They picked Orton and Cena over Goldust and spent time in the PS4 menu, but a nice video. Look at all those roster spots! Orton uses the ropes to get up, that's so neat! There are some old, awkward animations (like I hate how you reverse a strike a with a strike of your own, that doesn't make physical sense), but boy do the new animations and pacing look really nice. Loving 90% of what I'm seeing.

I'm wondering how much crossover there is between the new WWE Supercard game 2K put out today and this one.

Because Bo Dallas is in that shit, yo.

And some of the legends from last year like Dusty, Studd, Virgil, etc.

So far my rare cards are the tremendous twosome of David Otunga and Darren Young.  I will destroy you all.  My name is luchagringo

Nerdlingers going crazy because WWE revealed only 40 something guys and fans think that's it even though we've seen the 92 slots and have a few confirmed guys not mentioned during the reveal (Wade Barrett for instance). Rene did mention that career mode sees your character start in NXT and work his/her way up from there but she also said the rivalry mode featured Trips and Batista, so who knows.

My guess is the remaining dudes and dudettes are a combination of legends and the NXT roster.

Full roster is here:

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster/2k15

RVD is in the game so that should mean that Paige and Emma will be as well. 

But my guess is that they will be apart of the NXT MyCareer (which was confirmed) I think it was already stated elsewhere that they were scanning guys at the performance center so its safe to say we will get a fair amount of NXT guys. 

The legends and NXT portion of the roster is the part I'm more interested in, though it's cool to see who's made it in so far.

And for all the talk about WWE "giving up" on Cesaro, him on the panel getting praise from everybody might change that.  I sure hope so, because he came out of it looking like a star.