DVDVR Message Board

Worst Indy push you've ever seen...

Name the most talentless slug you've ever seen pushed by an indy promotion...

I'm gonna go with... "The Complete" Pete Hunter from PWU (Pro Wrestling Unplugged) in the mid 2000s...just absolutely awful, gassed up slug who looked clueless almost at all times. 

Davey Richards - ROH

I was hoping I'd be the first one to say that.

I remember Gabe pushing Vordell Walker a bunch in ROH due to his success in FIP and the fans just weren't having any of it.

Anthony Nese. I mean I know he's talented and has a good look, but to me he epitomizes the worst of the PURE SPORTS ATHLETE blah blah bah yakkety shmakkety. Dude is sleep-inducing.

Anthony Nese. I mean I know he's talented and has a good look, but to me he epitomizes the worst of the PURE SPORTS ATHLETE blah blah bah yakkety shmakkety. Dude is sleep-inducing.

I was really impressed with Neese the one time I saw him live in April. He managed to get me really into his main event against Styles, despite it being the end of a very full day and me not giving two shits about AJ.

My answer is Rickey Shane Page and/or Krimson-PWO/PRIME.

I would offer a generic 90% of the time when the promoter makes himself the top guy in a company because he can.

(Quack being one of the exceptions)

In the case of Beau though, I've seen other promotions book him and give him a decent place on the card. I don't know, all I've seen hasn't made me believe he's worth any spot

• Like 1

Xavier? 

He was the first guy I thought of. 

I would say pushing Jerry Lynn 10 years after his prime and letting him be the one to finally beat Nigel for the belt after letting him crush virtually every one else on the roster (often multiple times) was a worse idea.

I dunno that he's talentless, but the more RoH has pushed Steen, the less interested I am.

When Tyler Black first started getting his solo push in RoH I was unimpressed, I thought Necro Butcher would be the guy to come out of the Age of the Fall looking like a star and I could not get the Tyler Black push....

I was completely wrong.

• Like 1

I would offer a generic 90% of the time when the promoter makes himself the top guy in a company because he can.

(Quack being one of the exceptions)

In the case of Beau though, I've seen other promotions book him and give him a decent place on the card. I don't know, all I've seen hasn't made me believe he's worth any spot

He's probably the best guy in his promotion, but that isn't saying a lot.

He has his fans. Everyone cites his punch as being pretty good. He's actually above-average on the mic. I think he gave himself the "King of Kingsport" name in a homage to one of his idols, Jerry Lawler.

Say what you will about Beau, he married WAY up. Misty's no perfect 10, but she's quite a bit better than someone we used to call "Pugsley" should've done.

Does Dragon Soldier B count?

I was at that show, and putting aside the fact that the crowd actually expected a ROH guy to win, the guy is really good.

You may be the first person I've ever seen use the words "very good" to describe Kendo Kashin.

• Like 2