DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Should I know who any of those four are?  I recognize Flair, of course.

One of the comments above make me think they have something to do with MMA.

Right now, I'm assuming they are (future) Flair ex-wives #14-17.

You should, if only because they were so visible in and around Summerslam. My general rule is that if I know a MMA thing then most people here should. You won't be penalized at all for not knowing it though. I think the one on the far right is their Paul Roma.

Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke, Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler. The Four Horsewomen.

You should, if only because they were so visible in and around Summerslam. My general rule is that if I know a MMA thing then most people here should. You won't be penalized at all for not knowing it though. I think the one on the far right is their Paul Roma.

I'd probably recognize two or three MMA fighters if they came to my front door: Dan Severn (maybe), Josh Barnett (only because he wrestled in NJPW), and Ken Shamrock.  Oh, and the MMA guy who wrestled in NJPW and teamed with Chono's group at one point - provided he hasn't shaved his mustache (name escapes me right now, so I obviously am very familiar with him).

I couldn't tell you what the Gracies or Randy Couture look like, even though they've been on NJPW shows or movies like the Expendables which I have seen.  I suppose I'd recognize Chuck Liddell thanks to that car battery commercial (or whatever he's promoting).

Edit: Dude with mustache is Don Frye.  I think he shaved his mustache, though.  Most of the guys I just named would have to look the same as the did 10-20 years ago for me to recognize them.

• Like 2

I'd probably recognize two or three MMA fighters if they came to my front door: Dan Severn (maybe), Josh Barnett (only because he wrestled in NJPW), and Ken Shamrock.  Oh, and the MMA guy who wrestled in NJPW and teamed with Chono's group at one point - provided he hasn't shaved his mustache (name escapes me right now, so I obviously am very familiar with him).

I couldn't tell you what the Gracies or Randy Couture look like, even though they've been on NJPW shows or movies like the Expendables which I have seen.  I suppose I'd recognize Chuck Liddell thanks to that car battery commercial (or whatever he's promoting).

Edit: Dude with mustache is Don Frye.  I think he shaved his mustache, though.  Most of the guys I just named would have to look the same as the did 10-20 years ago for me to recognize them.

Don plays a biker in a recent Priceline ad as well.  Of course, there's also his career defining role as Captain Douglas Gordon in Godzilla: Final Wars

• Like 1

20140820_DaysOfFutureYes_642xvariableV2.

In an apocalyptic world now ruled by the tyrannical Authority, a bearded and sagely Daniel Bryan must venture back in time to the year 2010, where he join forces with his younger (and clean-shaven) self and a group of unlikely allies known as The Nexus to stop The Authority before its rise to power. Can Bryan secure the future of the “Yes!” Movement?

from wwe.com

• Like 4

So the other day I'm scrolling through this thread and have a good laugh at that Warrior ripoff dude.  I don't think anything of it after that.

I check my Facebook this morning and find a message from this guy asking for a booking. Also, telling me he's heard lots of good things about me down in New York (I'm in Toronto and have never been to NY in my life)

Amazing.

• Like 2

In an apocalyptic world now ruled by the tyrannical Authority, a bearded and sagely Daniel Bryan must venture back in time to the year 2010, where he join forces with his younger (and clean-shaven) self and a group of unlikely allies known as The Nexus to stop The Authority before its rise to power. Can Bryan secure the future of the “Yes!” Movement?

from wwe.com

One would hope he'd tell himself to stop doing that god damned flying headbutt.  

Oh, and to wear elbowpads.