DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I can't top that ^^^ but here's pics of me and my girlfriend meeting Sgt. Slaughter at a minor league baseball game 

AMylWQs.jpg

There's also one of us tying up collar-and-elbow but these pics are fucking huge so I'm gonna limit myself to just the two

The right photoshop editing and this would make a great poster with a caption like:

"August 1969: Sgt. Slaughter stumbles on the Woodstock Festival and gets to work."

• Like 5

Survivor Series 87 was one of my most watched Coliseum Videos. Even at a young age I wondered how Hogan would trust Orndorff. Maybe he felt sorry that Orndorff was replaced in the Heenan family by Rude as the body guy. Side bar, why wasnt Orndorff at WM 3? Was Patera really already doing those jobs to the Demos? Thought that was 88? Muraco eating the pin at WM 3 opening match then replacing Superstar was also kinda strange/lazy imo. I was also shocked Steamboat teamed with Savage after the whole throat injury. And shouldnt Steamboat be the captain since Honky stole the title? All the while Steamer and Jake Roberts are high fiving in those back lot gang pre match interviews they showed not too long after the sick ddt spot on SNME. It was all pretty surreal for a youngster.

Yes...God yes.

Hogan and Orndorff, Steamboat and Savage...really?! Both of these were blood feuds less than a year earlier, and they are all high-fiving!?
Hulk in the prematch interview saying that he wants to see the "Old Mr. Wonderful"...you mean the guy that will stab you in the back and give you a piledriver?

Hogan and Orndorff teaming together is ok.  Hogan called Sting beforehand and asked if Sting thought Orndorff could be trusted.

AMylWQs.jpg

Been watching early 90's WWF, so I kinda wish he had busted out the camel clutch he used during his last heel run (yeah, I know the cobra clutch is the move he's most identified with.  Iraqi sympathizer Sgt. Slaughter is one of my favorite ridiculous heel characters).

Been watching early 90's WWF, so I kinda wish he had busted out the camel clutch he used during his last heel run (yeah, I know the cobra clutch is the move he's most identified with. Iraqi sympathizer Sgt. Slaughter is one of my favorite ridiculous heel characters).

I actually asked him to do that. I said "I know you're not an Iraqi sympathizer anymore but is there any way you could lay me out with the Cannon and put me in the Camel Clutch?" but he wasn't into it.

• Like 2