DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

They totally need to do that for Summerslam. Set up a dunk tank at the fanfest and just keep sending heels out there to take a dip. Hell, do it during the PPV.

This is such a good idea for the midcard. A lot of old territory ideas in their original incarnations wouldn't work today but could totally be updated and recycled to be used today. A dunk tank match would give midcard guys something to do. A Loser Leaves Town stip wouldn't work but how about a Loser Can't Appear on RAW for 6 months or something like that? You could have someone lose and then try to weasel their way back ala Dirty Yellow Dog style or just stay off tv for a bit and then come back to get revenge for a pop. And you can never go wrong with hair vs. hair. Heck, Miz' current movie star character is begging for a stip like that to blow off a feud.

• Like 1

10353019_928717527143711_826454024890433

Back in 1981, Buddy Rose lost a match to Matt Borne where the loser had to sit in the county fair dunk tank for an entire week. I have a new favorite stipulation.

If the territory was hot and Buddy was getting a piece of the booth, that's a nice little pay day.

It was, and he almost certainly did. :)

(Fuck quoting the pic, that's amazing.  We need less shitty Briscoes and Young Bucks, and more Buddy Rose and Matt Borne.)

• Like 2

10593204_570043166439387_501064611102797

I hear voices in my head, they talk to me, they understand, they say "Kick out at two."

if you can tell me where you found this, and if it's a buyable thing. I'm gettin' one.

• Like 1

They totally need to do that for Summerslam. Set up a dunk tank at the fanfest and just keep sending heels out there to take a dip. Hell, do it during the PPV.

This is such a good idea for the midcard. A lot of old territory ideas in their original incarnations wouldn't work today but could totally be updated and recycled to be used today. A dunk tank match would give midcard guys something to do. A Loser Leaves Town stip wouldn't work but how about a Loser Can't Appear on RAW for 6 months or something like that? You could have someone lose and then try to weasel their way back ala Dirty Yellow Dog style or just stay off tv for a bit and then come back to get revenge for a pop. And you can never go wrong with hair vs. hair. Heck, Miz' current movie star character is begging for a stip like that to blow off a feud.

Miz already did this gimmick a few years back. Came back under a hood to win a contract on a pole.

00786399589360503902.jpg

"Okay, H do your flexing pose? Awesome.  Nash? Do that thing when you rub your hands together and look like you're gonna rip someone apart! Perfect!  HBK, I need your cheesiest, shit-eatingest buck-toothed smile! Excellent!  Goldberg, get your dukes up, but put a very quizzical look on your face like you're not sure who you're fighting. That's it!  Orton, Tiger Beat pose #3! Yes! Jericho, look like you're just about to say something but got interrupted when you shit your pants! Yeah, you nailed it.  There we go: most awkward graphic ever!"

• Like 9

Miz already did this gimmick a few years back. Came back under a hood to win a contract on a pole.

The Calgary Kid!

CalgaryKid2.jpg?t=1250003915

Please someone tell me the complete story of that.  The leather pants.  The coordinated hoodies.  The kickass insignia.  That astounding mullet.  This was something more than a random encounter and I'm just ignorant of the history of it, right?