DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Two possible departures from the E this week:

Ryback - “Going away for a while to get some stuff fixed. Have not been myself for quite some time. Ps sorry punk… #Ryback"

RVD - Not renewing his contract.

Discuss.

They already announced on Main Even that Ryback is injured.

Top 50 WCW stars on WWE.com

50. Jarrett (ha!)

49. Juvi

48. Rodman

47. Meng

46. Larry Z

45. Kanyon

44. Eaton

43. Saturn

42. Dustin (!)

41. Bret Hart

40. Sullivan

39. Hennig

38. Hayes

37. Cactus Jack

36. Ultimo Dragon

35. Regal

34. Konnan

33. Funk

32. Storm (?)

31. Muta

30. Raven

29. Kidman (?)

28. Bagwell

27. Jericho

26. Rude

25. Bischoff

24. Steamboat

23. Windham

22. Mysterio

21. Rick Steiner

20. Pillman

19. The Giant

18. Eddy

17. Arn

16. Simmons

15. Austin

14. Sid (??)

13. Malenko (???)

12. Hall

11. Vader

10. Scott Steiner

9. Savage

8. Booker T

7. Luger

6. DDP

5. Nash

4. Goldberg

3. Hogan

2. Flair

1. Sting

Ryback - “Going away for a while to get some stuff fixed. Have not been myself for quite some time. Ps sorry punk… #Ryback"

Discuss.

What's the "sorry Punk" thing about?

Discuss.

Airbrush stands all over the country just shut down

• Like 3

Top 50 WCW stars on WWE.com

50. Jarrett (ha!)

49. Juvi

48. Rodman

47. Meng

46. Larry Z

45. Kanyon

44. Eaton

43. Saturn

42. Dustin (!)

41. Bret Hart

40. Sullivan

39. Hennig

38. Hayes

37. Cactus Jack

36. Ultimo Dragon

35. Regal

34. Konnan

33. Funk

32. Storm (?)

31. Muta

30. Raven

29. Kidman (?)

28. Bagwell

27. Jericho

26. Rude

25. Bischoff

24. Steamboat

23. Windham

22. Mysterio

21. Rick Steiner

20. Pillman

19. The Giant

18. Eddy

17. Arn

16. Simmons

15. Austin

14. Sid (??)

13. Malenko (???)

12. Hall

11. Vader

10. Scott Steiner

9. Savage

8. Booker T

7. Luger

6. DDP

5. Nash

4. Goldberg

3. Hogan

2. Flair

1. Sting

#50 broke a thousand guitars but never drew a dime.

• Like 1

Discuss.

It's all up to Buff Bagwell to keep the industry afloat.

Discuss.

I wanted to make this joke so bad.  Any word on the Ryback injury?  Is he going away to finally address his 2 year long case of pink eye??  

• Like 1

For some reason I thought Kane had a hell of a lot more face/heel turns than he's actually had.

I'm in the same boat. I always have the perception that, like Big Show, he doesn't turn face or heel, he just exists while turning in a full 360 at all times.

I feel badly saying this because I've always liked Kane (with the exception of when I was around 11-12 years old because Jerry Lynn-RVD had just happened and I got a high speed internet connection, and thus only appreciated movez) but man... every time he comes out as Corporate Kane it just sucks the life out of the show. Like I said in reference to Evolution-era HHH the other day, maybe "get this guy off my TV"-heat is the 21st century version of heel heat, but I'm just simply disinterested in anything he has going on.

Was this latest turn even really necessary? I mean, is Kane really doing anything right now that couldn't be done by Brad Maddox, or even a Paul Heyman killing time until the hype train for Brock's next match? He should have been kept off TV for awhile after the Wyatt beatdown until they had a better plan. Shit, I would take Kane as a babyface against The Authority as Bryan's proxy right now over any of this abysmal Bellas/Steph stuff.

In your defense, that Kane/Big Show match from King of the Ring 99 was just a God awful match and I'm sure RVD/Lynn looked like other worldly stuff in comparison.

Jake The Snake in WCW... what happened? Was he really only brought in to feed to Sting? I remember it being a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing. I even remember a promo where he called out everyone - Sting, Rhodes, Simmons, even Vader!

I wouldn't just trust Jake Roberts's claim that Watts not wanting to pay him was the big reason that he left.

Also, I enjoy the hell out of Watts-run WCW. Even stuff that seemed dumb to me as a kid like the no-top-rope-moves rule (which is still kinda dumb) made for some fun spots in matches. Rick Rude was great at using that rule to cheat effectively in particular. I also loved Ron Simmons winning the gold, even if Watts then booked him against scrubs, Goldberg-style, rather than actually having him beat people of consequence.

He wasn't WCW's savior financially and never would have been, but from an aesthetic/entertainment standpoint, I could watch 1992 WCW all day every day and be pretty happy.

Kip Frey also actually had some fun stuff during his brief WCW leadership. 

I know Bischoff pretty much has to be the best booker that WCW had, but who would the worst be? Jim Herd? Ric Flair? 

I wouldn't just trust Jake Roberts's claim that Watts not wanting to pay him was the big reason that he left.

Also, I enjoy the hell out of Watts-run WCW. Even stuff that seemed dumb to me as a kid like the no-top-rope-moves rule (which is still kinda dumb) made for some fun spots in matches. Rick Rude was great at using that rule to cheat effectively in particular. I also loved Ron Simmons winning the gold, even if Watts then booked him against scrubs, Goldberg-style, rather than actually having him beat people of consequence.

He wasn't WCW's savior financially and never would have been, but from an aesthetic/entertainment standpoint, I could watch 1992 WCW all day every day and be pretty happy.

Kip Frey also actually had some fun stuff during his brief WCW leadership. 

I know Bischoff pretty much has to be the best booker that WCW had, but who would the worst be? Jim Herd? Ric Flair? 

Ole gave us the Black Scorpion.

The Kip Frey era was waaay better, imo.

What of note happened during the "Kip Frey era"? Being dead serious. I'm talking angles and matches wise.

The Dangerous Alliance. 

it was basically the equivalent of WWE last year, with the SHIELD having amazing TV matches ever week, usually twice a week.

• Like 1