DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

There have been a lot of rumors going around of Vince McMahon and Triple H "butting heads" creatively, including who to have Brock Lesnar face at WrestleMania 31. The rumor is that Vince wants The Rock vs. Lesnar while Triple H wants Roman Reigns vs. Lesnar.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that there is certainly word going around WWE that Vince sometimes undercuts Triple H and makes him look bad but it could be a case of the "good cop/bad cop" dynamic. Meltzer noted that he doesn't sense any strong negative feelings between the two.

Is it time for this crap already? Every year we get these rumors about the WM main event and none of that comes true because they don't plan out this far in advance. 

Also, I can't even see the Rock coming back. It's far easier for him to just do his movie schedule. Why deal with the aggravation of working a wrestling schedule?

If this "rumor" is even remotely true, it's probably based around a conversation the two had where Vince thought Rock vs Brock would be a good idea and HHH thought Reigns vs Brock would be a good idea. That's not sexy enough to grab page clicks or subscriptions, so it turns into the nonsense printed above.

Vince is old and really just needs to go, and take that badger-looking sycophant Kevin Dunn with him.  At some point they need to stop relying on past stars and move forward.  Summerslam 2002 was 12 years ago.  By Vince's current mentality, a Sammartino vs Zbyszko rematch should have main evented WM8.

I don't necessarily think Reigns is the guy but Rock definitely isn't. 

All anyone remembers is the penis chest tattoo.

Brock could have a penis tattoo on his chest, but because he's BROCK LESNAR, it wouldn't look gay.

I like the dagger with brass knuckles handle tattoo. It says "I'm a fucking psychopath and will kill you if I choose to". Sometimes, people need to be aware of that.

There have been a lot of rumors going around of Vince McMahon and Triple H "butting heads" creatively, including who to have Brock Lesnar face at WrestleMania 31. The rumor is that Vince wants The Rock vs. Lesnar while Triple H wants Roman Reigns vs. Lesnar.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that there is certainly word going around WWE that Vince sometimes undercuts Triple H and makes him look bad but it could be a case of the "good cop/bad cop" dynamic. Meltzer noted that he doesn't sense any strong negative feelings between the two.

Is it time for this crap already? Every year we get these rumors about the WM main event and none of that comes true because they don't plan out this far in advance. 

They have to with Rock's WM appearances, because they need advance time for him to be available. Brock-v-Rock was already a consideration for this year, but Rock had all his injuries from the year before.

All anyone remembers is the penis chest tattoo.

Brock could have a penis tattoo on his chest, but because he's BROCK LESNAR, it wouldn't look gay.

I like the dagger with brass knuckles handle tattoo. It says "I'm a fucking psychopath and will kill you if I choose to". Sometimes, people need to be aware of that.

I think we've reached Mark Henry levels of "over the top (insert wrestler) love" here.

Yeah, need anyone suggest to y'all to review the Raw pull-apart brawl between Lesnar & Cena, and one look at Brock's chest pecker covered in a man's blood will swear you off the love of that thing.

Just met Cody Hall. Was a REALLY nice kid. Humble. Soft-spoken. Had lots of interesting opinions...

It's cool if you want to keep said opinions to yourself, obviously, but I feel as though the ellipsis at the end say that you're open to the idea of elaboration.

Vince is old and really just needs to go, and take that badger-looking sycophant Kevin Dunn with him.  At some point they need to stop relying on past stars and move forward.  Summerslam 2002 was 12 years ago.  By Vince's current mentality, a Sammartino vs Zbyszko rematch should have main evented WM8.

I don't necessarily think Reigns is the guy but Rock definitely isn't. 

I understand where you're coming from, and don't entirely disagree, but Bruno or Larry Z. didn't have almost a billion dollars in movie box office to their names either.

On a slightly related note, I wonder how big the payday would actually have to be for Austin to come out of retirement for Brock at 31. The build-up books itself, really.

Going back to Lesner being a "what if" in Japan, him vs. prime Hansen would have been insane. Mid-nineties AJPW or UWFi is a tough decision though.

in AJPW:

the Big Four

Hansen

Gordy

Danny Spivey

Baba (ha!)

Bradshaw (HA!)

in UWFi:

Takada

Tamura

Yamazaki

SUPAH VADAH

Severn

Sakuraba

Koji Kitao (ugh)

Norman Smiley (!)

Now if you want to do the OG UWF, RINGS or Fujiwara-Gumi that's another whole ball of wax. PWFG might be more interesting overall considering who came from/went through there really.

But if Brock still has the belt, that match is pointless.

It isn't if BROCK LESNAR dislocates Austin's head and beats him in 30 seconds. And at this point the only people credible enough to challenge BROCK LESNAR are:

Rush

Kohei Sato

Austin

Cain Velasquez

Harley Race

Inoki