DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

According to Jericho, Cena realised that he should have put Barrett over at Summerslam pretty much as soon as the match was over.

The problem with a Nexus reunion is that you have a guy like Bray Wyatt who was in Nexus as Husky Harris.

He wasn't in the original Nexus. He was "New Nexus" with Michael McGillicutty.

You can just go with originals with BNB, DB, Slater, Ryback, Young, Gabriel, and Otunga.

All new members that sign up to Vince Russo's website today will have their membership donated to the Fighting Back charity.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/proceeds-new-vip-sign-ups-817-will-donated-ko-cancer/

Russo apparently was fantasy-booking TNA using EWR with the fine folks over at newlegacyinc over the weekend during a 24 hr marathon to raise awareness for the Fighting Back cause, which raises money for the Canadian Cancer Society in honor on Frankie The Mobster who passed away due to the disease.

Say whaaaa?  I haven't followed indys for several years, so I had no idea Franky had passed away.  Wow.  I used to follow several Canadian indys, so I saw a fair bit of Franky.  Really fun character and a great promo in a Scott Steiner/Ultimate Warrior sort of way.  Honestly.... roided up physique, could get a character across, insane rambling promos.  I'm kinda surprised he didn't get a cup of coffee in developmental, at least.

The funny thing is that Irwin R Schyster is not supposed to be the same person as Mike Rotunda, but I'm not 100% on whether either of them were named as the father of Husky Harris.

Neither of them are Bray's father. Bray said his father was a boat captain. So that makes Captain Mike his pop.

• Like 3

I think a new CAW is coming soon. I read that somewhere.

A number of old Chikara gimmicks re debuted at a WIF with new people as the characters. I asked to make sure it wasn't the old wrestlers coming out of retirement.

Went on an Iron Sheik promo binge the other night. As I get older, I love more and more that no matter how much venom he has for his opponent and the USA in general, he is incredibly respectful to Mean Gene, saying always "Thank you Mr. Gene Mean" and calling him an intelligent American businessman, and then going on to chew out Cpl. Kirschner for being a punk.

The funny thing is that Irwin R Schyster is not supposed to be the same person as Mike Rotunda, but I'm not 100% on whether either of them were named as the father of Husky Harris.

Neither of them are Bray's father. Bray said his father was a boat captain. So that makes Captain Mike his pop.

Or Elvis.

I think you're forgetting...

skipcapt.jpg

James

My son just said "PAY THE DOLLARS" when he challenged me to a wrestling match for the World Title I beat him for earlier this week(I was due for a win, he's been killing me all summer).

I asked him what that meant, and he responded: "MONEY IN THE BANK!" and I realized "Pay the Dollars" means "I'm cashing in my briefcase."

I'm telling you all this so that when I exclaim PAY THE DOLLARS  in the future, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Now, I'm just imagining Seth Rollins cashing in with Dusty on commentary.........

"PAY DA DOLLAS! PAY DA DOLLARS!"

"Maggle! What is he talking about?"

"HE'S GONNA TO DA PAY WINDAH TO PAY DA DOLLARS!"

All new members that sign up to Vince Russo's website today will have their membership donated to the Fighting Back charity.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/proceeds-new-vip-sign-ups-817-will-donated-ko-cancer/

Russo apparently was fantasy-booking TNA using EWR with the fine folks over at newlegacyinc over the weekend during a 24 hr marathon to raise awareness for the Fighting Back cause, which raises money for the Canadian Cancer Society in honor on Frankie The Mobster who passed away due to the disease.

Say whaaaa?  I haven't followed indys for several years, so I had no idea Franky had passed away.  Wow.  I used to follow several Canadian indys, so I saw a fair bit of Franky.  Really fun character and a great promo in a Scott Steiner/Ultimate Warrior sort of way.  Honestly.... roided up physique, could get a character across, insane rambling promos.  I'm kinda surprised he didn't get a cup of coffee in developmental, at least.

Go back a page or so and you'll see a correction that it was another wrestler who actually died.  Franky is still alive.

Think you go with Barrett, Bryan, Slater, Gabriel, Ryback and Axel. Darren Young too if he's fit.

You've got Rybaxel essentially doing the dirty work of the Authority and constantly getting beaten down by Reigns, Ambrose, whoever in the past. Essentially they get tired of taking the beatings on behalf of the Authority and getting nothing in return for it.

You could easily do a backstage segment with HHH being dismissive towards Heath Slater and his winning streak, and a snarky comment about NXT to Gabriel as well.

From there, you play off the uneasy alliance between The Authority and Heyman/Lesnar, how neither can trust the other, and that the mutual relationship is no longer beneficial to the other - The Authority want "their" title defended on a regular basis. Brock doesn't want to travel and be the face of the company. He wants to remove the face.

Bryan does a couple of segments hyping his pending return from neck surgery, which build to the point that Bryan can't beat Lesnar. That The Authority regret the monster they've created in Lesnar as champion, they still regard it as better than the alternative. That they will tolerate Brock and his demands, so long as he destroys Daniel Bryan. Until then, they are merely placating Orton and Rollins.

Enter Wade Barrett to play the Johnny Depp to Bryan's Orlando Bloom. There's no secret that Barrett will eventually turn on Bryan. Barrett's motivation is to show himself as smarter than Paul Heyman. You can even throw in that Heyman was behind the original Nexus if need be. The introduction of the Nexus guys doesn't even need to be referred to as the Nexus, but rather Barrett holding his end up of the deal that he can provide the back up for Bryan as he "has connections".

In light of the re-emergence of the Nexus, and Lesnar's failure to show up beyond his 30 day obligations to defend the title, the board of directors banish HHH and Stephanie. Kane, Orton, Rollins remain as a placeholder to take a beatdown from the Nexus, and back up Lesnar where needed.

From here, the Nexus become more heelish in their behaviour, creating conflict between Bryan and Barrett, Bryan torn between what he needs to do to beat Lesnar (maybe even throw in a brief program with Cena or Reigns, with them calling him on being a hypocrite, acting like Sting with the Main Event Mafia - not getting directly involved in Nexus beatdowns, but passively endorsing also) and disagreeing with Barrett's choices.

Keep Lesnar strong as the tweener who occasionally shows up and runs through the Nexus singlehandedly. From here once Bryan and Barrett both realise that the Nexus won't be enough to beat Lesnar, they begin to part ways. From there - go to the Rumble final three being Barrett, Bryan and Reigns. Could go different ways from here - if they're happy with where Reigns is heading - have Bryan eliminate Barrett, and then eliminate himself to try and redeem himself, allowing Reigns to go on and be the one to beat Lesnar at Mania. They could have Barrett eliminate both ala RR 92, and go on to bite off more than he can chew against Lesnar, whilst Reigns and Bryan feud. Or they take the story the whole way, have Bryan overcome Barrett and Nexus turning on him to win the Rumble and challenge Lesnar.

Supposedly Bubba/Bully Ray told the TNA locker room that he was done with the company immediately. Contract issue. He will, of course, be on tape through October.

That's the nail in the coffin.

Sauce?

The bible of dirtsheetz...pwinsider.

Hence the "supposedly".

Supposedly Bubba/Bully Ray told the TNA locker room that he was done with the company immediately. Contract issue. He will, of course, be on tape through October.

That's the nail in the coffin.

Sauce?
The bible of dirtsheetz...pwinsider.

Hence the "supposedly".

If I cared I'd make a Captain Picard meme about putting all the heat in your company on a guy with no contact in place...but...honestly I just want to get this over with.

Mr. Anderson vs. Sanada for the international YouTube title in two months?

If they're doing a stadium SummerSlam, I always thought Fenway Park would be a good wrestling venue. It'd be interesting to see how they'd work the Green Monster into things. 

But yeah, the IZOD Center is a weird choice. MSG would be a much better fit.