DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Hollleeeee Shit.   I'm starting to realize that the entire wrestling business from the 1800s to today has been a means to set up the coming of the TM and the unstoppable superstardom of "Jonathan Good."

He's the Ted Logan of our reality.  Which I think makes Flair George Carlin.

• Like 1

a police officer who finds himself trapped inside his own precinct and hunted 

Heh. 

Assault_on_precinct_thirteen_movie_poste

If you're gonna steal, might as well steal from the best. Same way the above film was made, after all.

EDIT: OH DAMN, Ambrose would make a killer Wilson. Too bad they already made a legit remake and I cannot see him smoking Cowboy Curtis. 

• Like 1

“Lockdown” follows a police officer who finds himself trapped inside his own precinct and hunted after crooked cops stop at nothing to recover incriminating evidence of illegal activities against those closest to him.

Wait.  Crooked cops trap him in a police station because he has evidence against them?  Or there is another group of cops and the first gourp is looking for evidence against them?  And the third group are the ones "closest to him?"  Like, his family or something?????

This plot outline makes exactly the amount of sense I would expect by something you would get by locking the writers of SEE NO EVIL 2 and VNEDETTA in a Motel 6 for 36 hours with a typewriter and bagful of pills.

Also a cop?  Dean has even-lower-rent Snake Plisskin written all over him.  He should have been a "young hobo who rides the rails into danger when he uncovers a plan to release a deadly chemical attack from a cargo train hurtling through Chicago."

That took about 12 seconds to write and I'm guessing it's as far as they got before collecting their advance and sending this to Variety.

Wait.  Why am I being so unambitious...chemical attack?

Replace "chemical attack" with "army of cyborg chimps" and we're onto something.

And always ask yourself "What would Milius do?"

The answer is:

Dean Ambrose is a young hobo riding the rails into danger when he discovers a plot to unleash an army of cyborg chimps from a train hurtling through L.A. 

Dean Ambrose is a young hobo riding the rails into danger when he discovers a plot by a demented movie executive (Paul Heyman) to unleash an army of cyborg chimps from a train hurtling through L.A.  He teams with his old DJ-ing teacher (Mark Henry) to take on wave after wave of robo-Simian terror while developing a romance with a young art teacher (CJ Perry).  Will they live?  Can she change him?  Will Mark Henry rap the closing credits song?  Is this all just a backdoor prequel to TERRA CHIMP?

Yes. No.  Fuck yes.  That should be obvious by now.

• Like 4

As was posted in one of the "TNA is dying" threads, Impact is moving to Wednesday, which means a Heaven/Hell scenario for a couple of weeks!

Monday - Raw

Tuesday - Main Event

Wednesday - Impact

Thursday - NXT

Friday - Smackdown

Saturday - Lucha

Sunday - PPV (for one week only!)

Man, as excited as I am, this actually kinda bummed me out because it made me realize that it has been 15 years since the schedule was:

Monday- Raw/Nitro

Tuesday - Nitro on VHS (post-1999)

Wednesday - Thunder (dying days)

Thursday - Thunder/Smackdown

Friday - ECW on TNN

Saturday -  The Muthaship/Shotgun/ECW on MSG/Worldwide

Sunday - Heat/PPV

This is to say nothing of Superstars and LiveWire on weekends (if I was up early) as well as WCW Pro until they killed it off. I remember watching Pro as a kid thinking it was live, and saying to myself HA! No way Eddy takes Rey's mask, he's already had to wrestle tonight!

Ambrose doing his own version of Assault on Precinct 13 can only lead to him being cast as the real son of John McClaine in the eventual Die Hard sequel/reboot. Anyone who saw Die Hard 5 knows there's no way, no way that Jai Courtney came from John McClaine's loins. 

Man, as excited as I am, this actually kinda bummed me out because it made me realize that it has been 15 years since the schedule was:

Monday- Raw/Nitro

Tuesday - Nitro on VHS (post-1999)

Wednesday - Thunder (dying days)

Thursday - Thunder/Smackdown

Friday - ECW on TNN

Saturday -  The Muthaship/Shotgun/ECW on MSG/Worldwide

Sunday - Heat/PPV

This is to say nothing of Superstars and LiveWire on weekends (if I was up early) as well as WCW Pro until they killed it off. I remember watching Pro as a kid thinking it was live, and saying to myself HA! No way Eddy takes Rey's mask, he's already had to wrestle tonight!

Now the schedule is "Youtube."

• Like 4

Get that dude to a gym. 

EDIT: About Hero, obviously. 

great, he's never heard that one before

I'd like to see him make a Space Jam sequel.

I just read yesterday space jam was actually a big advertisement & it crushed my childhood memories

Dean Ambrose is a young hobo riding the rails into danger when he discovers a plot by a demented movie executive (Paul Heyman) to unleash an army of cyborg chimps from a train hurtling through L.A.  He teams with his old DJ-ing teacher (Mark Henry) to take on wave after wave of robo-Simian terror while developing a romance with a young art teacher (CJ Perry).  Will they live?  Can she change him?  Will Mark Henry rap the closing credits song?  Is this all just a backdoor prequel to TERRA CHIMP?

Yes. No.  Fuck yes.  That should be obvious by now.

Please.....seriously, please come to Idaho and hang out in my studio with me while I do a show. Then, I will buy you drinks and see what comes out.

even-lower-rent Snake Plisskin 

This seriously should have been the inspiration of his ring gear post-Shield.  Rollins sleeked up the gear, Reigns basically kept it, and Dean should have made it a little dirtier.  And while I recognize it would be stupid to have him in an eye patch, I wouldn't complain...

Also, if Dean's acting career ever takes him the Buff route, Titty Master would make a fantastic XXX Beat Master parody. 

• Like 1