DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The sad thing about Undertaker is that the 90's should be his best period, but he got put in that "monster who fights other monsters" gimmick that stuck him in crappy feuds with guys like Giant Gonzalez and Mabel.

And Kris Kristofferson's son was in development, and they named him Garrett Dylan? What was the second choice, Blade Dorff?

I assumed it was someone who was a fan of his dad-- a mixup of Bob Dylan and the Dylan/Kristofferson pic Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid.

The sad thing about Undertaker is that the 90's should be his best period, but he got put in that "monster who fights other monsters" gimmick that stuck him in crappy feuds with guys like Giant Gonzalez and Mabel.

And Kris Kristofferson's son was in development, and they named him Garrett Dylan? What was the second choice, Blade Dorff?

I assumed it was someone who was a fan of his dad-- a mixup of Bob Dylan and the Dylan/Kristofferson pic Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid.

Well, it was a terrible name, regardless. Made me do a double-take and think to myself "Did they hire Bischoff's kid?"

I know that they don't usually let people run with their real names, even in developmental, but I would think WWE letting people know that they had a legendary musician/actor's son in NXT would've brought some viewers in, even if only out of curiosity.

That's exactly it. Dusty came up with it.

I know that they don't usually let people run with their real names, even in developmental, but I would think WWE letting people know that they had a legendary musician/actor's son in NXT would've brought some viewers in, even if only out of curiosity.

This is the same company that gave Monty Brown a new ring name and still pushed the fact that he played in a freaking SUPER BOWL even though you wouldn't be able to see that Marcus Cor Von was on the Bills.

• Like 1

This is the same company that gave Monty Brown a new ring name and still pushed the fact that he played in a freaking SUPER BOWL even though you wouldn't be able to see that Marcus Cor Von was on the Bills.

Maaaaaan. I was all in "TNA never gave us anything good, so fuck 'em, good riddance" mode and then you had to bring up motherfuckin' Monty Brown. What the hell, man

I can't believe they axed Kristofferson's kid and are keeping Otunga around despite not being on-air for over a year.

He was actually briefly in the Andre battle royal at Mania, probably his one appearance for the year.

• Like 1

That's exactly it. Dusty came up with it.

It's a badass name.  I'd much rather watch Garrett Dylan wrestle than Jody Kristofferson.  One's a tribute to his dad in a 70s western.  One sounds like he'd try to sell me Mary Kay while saying "You know, me and my father are really different people!"

• Like 1

considering that Johnny Cash essentially made Kris Kristofferson's career, Kris' wrestling son should be called "The Highwayman" Kris Cash and he should use the finisher of "Sunday Morning Coming Down"

By that logic he should have been"Heart Taker" Kris Joplin and his finish is a heart punch.

That's almost as ridiculous as when Sylvester Terkay was in OVW, Cornette acknowledged his NCAA credentials despite billing him from Parts Unknown.

New taunt idea: after doing the Heart Punch, mimic the motion of ripping the heart out of the guys chest.

But for all we know, if Kristofferson got a serious run, they would have gotten confused and then gave him a Cat Stevens gimmick somehow

So a Mola Ram gimmick?

tumblr_mqgrfgXXPr1qfr6udo2_400.gif

• Like 2

Since WWE made big deals about signing KENTA and Devitt does that mean their gonna let them go by their names in WWE or are they still gonna give them dumb WWE-ized names? I know they like to own guys names for marketing reasons but when you're really the only game in town does it really matter if you don't own all the wrestlers names? Like someone said what's the point of changing Monty Brown's name to Marcus Cor Von other than to own Marcus Cor Von but still talk about what he really did in the NFL?