DVDVR Message Board

SHARKNADO 2!!

Raziel

I'm not going to talk about details (though Bald Bombshell's post made me go apeshit)  I'll just say this:  I'm going to see this at least two more times.  One with my wife who had to sleep (thank goodness for DVR) and one with friends for a drinking game.  I'm so looking forward to these times.  And I kind of need it too, as there was so much goodness I need to see it multiple times to catch it all and process it.  Holy fuck, holy fuck.

I laughed so damn hard at the last 30-ish insane minutes. The matrix sequence with the big-ass chainsaw, Tara Reid showing up at the top of the ESB, the old dude with all the chainsaws in the back of his truck, the last scenes with Lauer/Roker and Strahan, FAT KURT ANGLE... My GOD, what an experience.

What tied it all together for me is the fact that Ian Zeering gave everything he had and then some into both movies.  I feel pretty great seeing him so into this, especially the speech when he's about to go to the roof.  Bless him, he should at least be considered for more roles.  And Vivica A Fox was a welcome edition to the movie.  Hell, even Mark McGrath somehow was bearable.

I had to laugh seeing footage of a Mets game and it cuts to an obvious not-related-at-all shot of the cast in part of the crowd.  It was so blatant that only a small amount of people were there for the movie that I absolutely loved it.  And yes, Lauer's final shot ruled.  Defending himself, realizing they're still rolling and saying goodbye was hilarious.

Ian Ziering is so obviously having fun doing this. That's one of the things that makes it work.

My only complaint is the lack of Julie Hagerty. I would've rather had her than Kelly Osbourne.

• Like 1

I laughed so damn hard at the last 30-ish insane minutes. The matrix sequence with the big-ass chainsaw, Tara Reid showing up at the top of the ESB, the old dude with all the chainsaws in the back of his truck, the last scenes with Lauer/Roker and Strahan, FAT KURT ANGLE... My GOD, what an experience.

Did Angle break a shark's freakin' neck?

I can't wait for the dark Maleficient-type reboot in a few years from the point of view of the sharks in the sharknado.

I for one find them very sympathetic villains. No one asked them if they wanted to be there.

• Like 2

I was praying for an Olympic Slam kill. I was praying so, so hard.

I was sad that Kurt Angle wasn't in a fireman's uniform with at leas the white chief's helmet. But I guess they couldn't afford costumes in the budget. I love though that it was clearly shot in the winter (there was even snow on the ground) but they said ehh and didn't even bother to digitally erase it or the steam when someone was taking a deep breath.

I thought the funniest part though was when they were on the 7 train and when they got on at New Shea. I just liked how there was MTA guys casually walking around in the background. I also thought it was hilarious they found the old set for Super Mario Bros when the two subway guys went to shut off the valvue.