DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

(Note: I realize this is a bad idea, but I still think it would be funny): Samoa Joe comes back to ROH as a heel. He says he's wrestled for the "real big leagues" in TNA and he's slumming it in ROH to dominate an inferior promotion. Have the ring announcer introduce him as "TNA Superstar Samoa Joe."

I haven't watched TNA in ages, but I always wondered why Storm and Roode never made it in the WWE. Don't know about the rest of them. If WWE wanted Angle back, they could've had him.

Meltzer made a great point about The Russo Factor. It wasn't just because he was involved but that Dixie went to great lengths to hide him even though he was unwanted by nearly EVERYBODY. That isn't somebody you want to be partners in a venture with. 

You know what really screwed Dixie over? Her inability to admit that if everyone was telling her she was wrong about Russo, she probably was wrong about Russo.

That's why I think she always seemed pretty arrogant to me. More so than Vince McMahon even.

Come on, if literally everyone in business with you hates this man, should you really be insisting on keeping him because, hey, you know way better than them? Sheer, unadulterated arrogance. 

Lets not forget, she once held a meeting with her writing team, and told them if she ever heard a crowd chant "Fire Russo" again, she'd fire one of them not named Vince Russo instead.

If I'm not mistaken, this was because the "Fire Russo" chants were happening during segments Russo had nothing to do with.

Anyway, I find it highly fitting that TNA died as it lived: embarrassingly incompetent and with Russo's fingerprints all over it.

• Like 2

While honestly, I think a company like TNA doesn't deserve to exist any longer, I still don't know where Spike TV gets off to be so pissy about Russo.  I'd just really need to know like he insulted some Spike TV bigwigs wives or something.

If I'm not mistaken, this was because the "Fire Russo" chants were happening during segments Russo had nothing to do with.

Do you really believe a word of that bullshit?  I don't believe it, and I don't believe a word of what Dixie Carter said about that whole situation.

While honestly, I think a company like TNA doesn't deserve to exist any longer, I still don't know where TNA gets off to be so pissy about Russo.  I'd just really need to know like he insulted some Spike TV bigwigs wives or something.

Do you really believe a word of that bullshit?  I don't believe it, and I don't believe a word of what Dixie Carter said about that whole situation.

It could be true, but, if so, it's because Head Writer Vince Russo's basic style had filtered down to the entire writing staff.

Roode's had plaudits from The Rock and Trips is a huge admirer of him, the only thing that goes against him is his age.. well two, having a young family and not wanting to work for a few quid trying to make it work in NXT. I'd love to see him step up though, massive fan.

I'm not talking about signing him and Storm as the future heirs to Cena's top spot. They could be good guys to have around for a few years and wouldn't really need any time in NXT short of getting used to the WWE ring.

Stolen from Jason's twitter

BtpbqmIIYAET9G8.png

I stole this from an earlier post.

But really, this is the most TNA thing ever:

Referencing something that was way more successful somewhere else online. And then doing it again, and having someone call the person by their shoot name instead of their gimmick name. BRO IT ALL FITS TOGETHER BRO

• Like 1

Stolen from Jason's twitter

BtpbqmIIYAET9G8.png

Stolen from my post two pages ago!

EDIT:  Beat to it

But anyway, I think the biggest problem with Storm, other than age, is that he's a little too redneck for the current WWE.  I'd like to think they could fit in Roode somehow, but I'm not sure where. 

Eric Young and EC3 would really have to lay off the juice.

I was trying to quote, like, 32 posts that I wanted to give my appreciation for.  But fuck it, this whole thread ... the whole damn thread.

That being said ... *ahem* ... "YOU GET A LIKE!  YOU GET A LIKE!  AND YOU ... YOU GET A LIKE!!"

• Like 6

This is the best wrestling news I've read in over a decade.

I'm somewhat conflicted about that, given how many people are likely going to lose their jobs, but, on the other hand, ding dong the witch is dead.