DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

There was never any official word that they weren't renewing.

The line from both parties, the entire time, was that negotiations were ongoing, which lead to a renewal through the end of the year.

Look, when TNA goes down, I know you're going to be looking for a new team to support. I think we could work something out here on team Matt D. I could use a man as insanely and unhesitatingly loyal as you. It's rare to find in this day and age.

I mean with all the roster, personnel, live show cuts and timeslot move you can't really say that TNA's exactly looking healthy right now.

For real, why hasn't there been a press release saying "Spike renews TNA!"? Everything is being stressed as temporary and if Spike was keeping them longer than the end of the year, why not say so publicly to build strength in the brand your sticking with? Better question, why am I bothering with someone so delusional?

I'd love to see you when WCW went under.

But guys!

TNA got a 2 month renewal because of Spike's extreme commitment to the product. You see - Spike believes that TNA will be a smash hit on Wednesday nights and wants to ensure that they are adequately compensated. If they renewed now, they'd be undercutting TNA. In five years, we'll be watching RAW on the TNA Network! 

But guys!

TNA got a 2 month renewal because of Spike's extreme commitment to stuffing instead of potatoes. You see - Spike believes that TNA will be a smash hit on Wednesday nights and wants to ensure that they are adequately compensated. If they renewed now, they'd be undercutting TNA. In five years, we'll be watching RAW on the TNA Network!

Spike just must be the kindest tv network on history. TNA publically gets caught lying to them and gets rewarded with a contract extension. Amazing.

But guys!

TNA got a 2 month renewal because of Spike's extreme commitment to stuffing instead of potatoes. You see - Spike believes that TNA will be a smash hit on Wednesday nights and wants to ensure that they are adequately compensated. If they renewed now, they'd be undercutting TNA. In five years, we'll be watching RAW on the TNA Network!

Spike just must be the kindest tv network on history. TNA publically gets caught lying to them and gets rewarded with a contract extension. Amazing.

Well using that logic they'd really be stupid if they re-signed them then. 

What's stupid is the argument that they got extended simply because the people at Spike are "nice".

If only Jamie Kellner was half as nice.

Is it possible that TNA got a 2 month renewal so Spike can get 2 months to find a midseason replacement to throw on in January? There's no way a show gets a 2 MONTH RENEWAL if the network has any faith in them.

Cops.

What's stupid is the argument that they got extended simply because the people at Spike are "nice".

What's even stupider is the argument that Spike's 2 month renewal of TNA represents any kind of faith in the company. 

• Like 1

Even better question, why is Spike all of a sudden so interested in "helping" TNA for no reason? Especially since they were supposedly lied to about Russo?

You say "supposedly," like Russo himself didn't admit it. So cute.

And to answer your question as to "why ...?" ... fellatio. Or falafels. One of those.

What's even stupider is the argument that Spike's 2 month renewal of TNA represents any kind of faith in the company.

Well, what it doesn't represent is them going out of business, which makes this entire thread so ironic.

Even better question, why is Spike all of a sudden so interested in "helping" TNA for no reason? Especially since they were supposedly lied to about Russo?

He did admit it and he also said that Gaburick told him that Spike was cool with it.

No, I think they're terrible and haven't enjoyed anything they've done in over a year. Which is why I don't talk about the product itself.

But I get a kick out of this dirtsheets speculation being peddled as fact on this board, and all over the Internet in general. Its been going on forever.

As far as Russo's writing...whether we like it or not, the ratings were always higher when he was on the writing team. Regardless of my personal tastes.

Well, what it doesn't represent is them going out of business, which makes this entire thread so ironic.

He did admit it and he also said that Gaburick told him that Spike was cool with it.

1) Define how this thread is "ironic." I'll wait.

2) So, you admit that your use of "supposedly" was incorrect. Whether Spike "was cool with it" doesn't negate the possibility (or in this case, the reality) that they were lying about Russo's involvement. This clearly makes Spike - if in fact they are truly renewing the relationship with TNA beyond anything short term - either benevolent or idiotic. Or both. But definitely not "neither."

No, I think they're terrible and haven't enjoyed anything they've done in over a year. Which is why I don't talk about stuffing instead of potatoes itself.

But I get a kick out of this dirtsheets speculation being peddled as fact on this board, and all over the Internet in general. Its been going on forever.

As far as Russo's writing...whether we like it or not, the ratings were always higher when he was on the writing team. Regardless of my personal tastes.

Yes. 1.1 is higher than 1.0.

• Like 1

1) Define how this thread is "ironic." I'll wait.

2) So, you admit that your use of "supposedly" was incorrect. Whether Spike "was cool with it" doesn't negate the possibility (or in this case, the reality) that they were lying about Russo's involvement. This clearly makes Spike - if in fact they are truly renewing the relationship with TNA beyond anything short term - either benevolent or idiotic. Or both. But definitely not "neither."

1) There's 48 pages of people prematurely calling their death only for their TV contract to get renewed, continued negotiations with Spike, or possibly going to another network. How is it not ironic?

2) Umm...them being cool with it means that they would have to be "in the know".

No, I think they're terrible and haven't enjoyed anything they've done in over a year. Which is why I don't talk about stuffing instead of potatoes itself.

Yes. 1.1 is higher than 1.0.

He's had stretches of pretty regular 1.3's. Wasn't a big fan of It personally but he did bring the highest viewership they've had.