DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

At this point I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bob Carter bought Dixie her own television network to air TNA on just to keep her away from the real company.

Maybe they could put Kung Fu: The Legend Continues on that network. Why the hell isn't that syndicated somewhere? That and Time Trax.

Meltzer confirmed on LAW radio that the Russo thing was the straw that broke the camels back for Spike. It was worse than Dixie just lying: they apparently made it clear to her a while ago Russo was not to be brought back under any circumstances. She proceeded to do it anyway and didn't think they'd find out. 

• Like 1

Meltzer confirmed on LAW radio that the Russo thing was the straw that broke the camels back for Spike. It was worse than Dixie just lying: they apparently made it clear to her a while ago Russo was not to be brought back under any circumstances. She proceeded to do it anyway and didn't think they'd find out. 

Classic mistake:

miller_s_crossing_1990_630_75.jpg

They'll never know, Dixie!  LOOK IN YOUR HEART OH GOD LOOK IN YOUR HEART!!!!!

• Like 6

Why does Russo deserve shit for this? Dixie is the fucking moron that brought him back when told not to.

Cuz Russo's the fucking moron that, when he got a job and was told he had to keep it on the down-low, CC'ed Mike Johnson on an email?

So does Bob Carter sell Vince the library in the hope of making some money back?

He might, but it's not like Bob needs the money, especially the chump change Vince'll offer.

If KENTA can go through NXT then so can Styles, Daniels, Kaz, Roode, Storm, Young, Joe, Magnus, Hardys, Park, Kim, Beautiful People, Mickie... Seriously, it could be turned into a TNA redux but with much better booking and alot more young talent being pushed. They'd be getting paid more in NXT for the same basic taping schedule.

Hunter should be calling the guys and girls he wants ASAP before there's any chance of Jarrett or the Indy's getting in people's ears.

Who on your list do you imagine WWE wouldn't have by now if they wanted them?

The difference between Heyman and Dixie (apparent from Heyman being a good booker obviously).

Heyman is actually a good con man. He can lie and cover his tracks well.

Dixie tries to be a good con woman and lies to everyone about everything, but is so utterly awful at it she inevitably gets caught.

Why does Russo deserve shit for this? Dixie is the fucking moron that brought him back when told not to.

Cuz Russo's the fucking moron that, when he got a job and was told he had to keep it on the down-low, CC'ed Mike Johnson on an email?

Apparently he meant to send it to Mike Tenay but it did that thing where it went to Mike Johnson instead. It happens a lot.

Too many Mikes in the world = TNA's doom.

The point is that he shouldn't have even been hired, regardless if he was told to keep it a secret or not. The fact that he let it slip is exactly what should have happened to put this fucked up promotion out of its misery.

Apparently he meant to send it to Mike Tenay but it did that thing where it went to Mike Johnson instead. It happens a lot.

Only in wrestling can a whole promotion possible get shut down because of a misdirected e-mail.

• Like 3

Only in wrestling can a whole promotion possible get shut down because of a misdirected e-mail.

Especially when that company has done so much worse shit. TNA going down because Russo CC'd the wrong fucking dude in an email is like Al Capone going down for tax evasion.

edit: One last swerve indeed.

• Like 2

Has anyone checked on EN099?

He's, uh, he's not handling it well.

"Impact Fan @EN090  ·  2h

TNA had better wrestling than WWE and people wouldn't watch. Russo didn't kill TNA, smarks did. FUCK YOU ALL FUCK YOU FUCK YOU #diesmarks"

"Impact Fan @EN090  ·  2h

@davemeltzerWON Congrats on killing another promotion with unsubstantiated rumors and lies. Killing fans confidence. Dixie deserved better."

But he's moved on to denial
"Impact Fan @EN090  ·  24s
TNA should go on @WWENetwork TNA has 1.4 million viewers. That would give WWE network over 2 million subscribers at the very least."
  • Like 22

It's somewhat shitty that I feel joy about this happening. I mean, I watched WCW until the very bitter end but even I gave up on TNA years ago. Just a truly godawful promotion that wasted prime years of solid workers and shit on the legacy of all-time greats. 

To be fair, it's not out of the realm that they latch on somewhere but my hunch is this is the end. 

So, what now? 

Gotta think WWE buys the tape library because...well...why not. They can probably get it for a song and there's been enough overlap to where it'd be useful content on DVDs and the network.  

What's so sad about TNA is how a company that is supposed to be cutting edge has so much aging talent. You gotta think that guys like Storm, EY, Joe, Roode, Aries etc. are going to be seen as too old to invest in as new stars. I'd assume that Ethan Carter might get another shot, I'm sure they'd take Lashley back. The Dudleys could get a nostalgia run. Jeff Hardy would be taken back in a fucking second. Past issues or no, they'd definitely put him up for an RVD/Jericho type schedule. Angle is a lock for a legend contract/big match attraction. 

Also, gotta wonder what AJ Styles is thinking. I mean, he really is to TNA what Sting was to WCW and they drove him away. 

• Like 1