DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Rumors floating that Spike told TMZ that they're done negotiating with TNA and that cancellation is a done deal.

So who's the TV network with the dumb bastards in charge that will inexplicably sign them?

I'd say NBC/Universal, but they already got WWE.  

I don't think there are any real networks with money that aren't owned by Disney/NewsCorp/Universal/Viacom, none of which would run TNA with Dixie at the helm.

Dave said the wrestling companies Spike were in talks with were not who you'd expect, so that disqualifies the super indies. I'd guess AAA simply because they're the only promotion that already produces a weekly TV show with production values that rival Impact.

And y'all bitch about the shittiness of TNA.  Just wait until you see the shit Konnan rolls out.

But fuck all that.  Rippa and I have it all figured out - Sarah Palin is starting her own network.  Palin and Dixie would be like the ultimate marriage of crazy for the network.

Please Lord, if you love us, make TNA on Palin's network happen.

• Like 2

Allegedly he's an atheist now. Also; you jest, but Al-Jazeera is one of like two news networks in the world that aren't sensationalized dogshit.

I would wager BBC being 2?

How about Al Jazeera?  MVP's Muslim, isn't he?

C'mon.  You think Russo can book a show on Al Jazeera without starting a Holy War?

Plus, you know he will "inadvertently" email the Israeli's with Palestinian booking plans.

Fucking Russo not understanding Outlook.

• Like 7

I wonder if any of the alumni of Incredibly Strange Wrestling are still around? I could see SPIKE hosting a show featuring Cletus the Fetus vs. the Abortionist...

So, how long until whatever promotion winds up on Spike pays CM Punk entirely too much to be - IRONY - a part timer and the face of the company?

It's not the worst idea. If the idea is to carve out some sort of niche or at least be something that people beyond uber marks know, he's a good start. Because seriously, aside from here, have any of you ever in your life heard someone who's not a super mark discuss TNA? I'm pretty sure most of the world thinks Kurt Angle is retired and that Christian retired for a few years.

With so much talent sharing in the indies right now, I wonder if you could get enough cooperation to do a modern-day Pro Wrestling This Week.  Granted, it wouldn't be the same without Gary Hart's weekly (except when Pedicino suspends him) promos, but still.

• Like 1

Bottom line: This is how the real world works. It's Viacom's channel, and they are allowed to dictate to the shows that they air just like any other network does with any one of its programs.

Spike made an ultimatum, TNA ignored it and they got what they had coming, period. And we/Dixie/Russo/EN090 can argue the validity of Viacom making the ultimatum in the first place all we want, but if they thought enough to make it, TNA should have thought enough to honor it.

My sympathies are with Spike here. It wasn't some Jamie Kellner situation where they decided they just didn't want wrestling because they thought it was low class.

They asked Dixie to do one thing. One fucking thing. And it wasn't at all unreasonable (pretty much everyone in the indistry hates Russo and knows he's a cancer.)

And she not only did it anyway but lied to them about it. Would anyone want to be in business with someone who 1) is so blatantly untrustworthy 2) treats you like an idiot?

Da Meltz sayeth:

Vince Russo on Twitter today claimed to no longer be working with TNA after his e-mail led to major issues between TNA and Spike TV.

"Officially done with TNA," Russo wrote.  "Today they `suggested' a break.  I declined.  Finality was better for me."

This came shortly after Taz wrote about unfollowing Russo and saying he was annoying and "all about his brand."

Um... Better late than never?

• Like 1

Also, I was under the impression that the El Rey show was more a reality series than straight wrestling.

How would that work? Ricky Reyes said he just signed a contract with AAA/El Rey. I assume its wrestling with a reality tv twist when it comes to interviews and storytelling.

James Powell said Ring of Honor was one of the promotions. As for the second promotion, Going out on a limb and say Matt Riviera former TCW promoter and Bruce Tharpe got together to pitch a show for the NWA. I know I know............

Da Meltz sayeth:

Vince Russo on Twitter today claimed to no longer be working with TNA after his e-mail led to major issues between TNA and Spike TV.

"Officially done with TNA," Russo wrote.  "Today they `suggested' a break.  I declined.  Finality was better for me."

This came shortly after Taz wrote about unfollowing Russo and saying he was annoying and "all about his brand."

I love that in the end they didn't even fire him. He left of his own accord.

• Like 2

Da Meltz sayeth:

Kinda like fixing the barn door after the horse ran all the way across the country.

• Like 1

Meltzer did mention that Spike have been talking to some other wrestling companies about a potential spot.

Let the guessing game begin. ROH? PWG? Chikara? I would watch the shit out of weekly two-hour Chikara.

For all its flaws I think the time is kinda right for something like Chikara to become a fairly viable WWE alternative.

I want to see a nationally televised wrestling promotion do a time travel angle. I just do. I'm not sorry.

The New Breed were on NWA television in 1988, claiming to be from the year 2002, where we were all enslaved by President Dusty Rhodes.