DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Per Meltzer, TNA were really going to absurd lengths to keep people from finding out Russo was still on the booking team. Like, they'd fly him in for meeting with Matt Conway and Dave Lagana, but have to work hard to make sure no one ever saw him and word got out. I hope they gave him a disguise or something.

Also, even once news of Johnson email got out, TNA still intended to lie and say all he was doing was giving the announcers advice (nothing in the email indicated he was involved in creative so they could claim to spike they hadn't lied to them about that.) But then Russo came out and said he was in a creative position. So that was that. 

Per Meltzer, TNA were really going to absurd lengths to keep people from finding out Russo was still on the booking team. Like, they'd fly him in for meeting with Matt Conway and Dave Lagana, but have to work hard to make sure no one ever saw him and word got out. I hope they gave him a disguise or something.

I'm wagering it'd be a fake nose, mustache and glasses.  Or he'd be in drag.  Or both.

Lagana: So, what's your plan for next week's Impact?

Russo: Well---holy shit!

*Russo sees Eric Young coming around the corner and proceeds to jump out a nearby window*

Eric: Hey, was someone here?

Lagana: No, of course not.

*in the distance, Russo's very faint cries and howls of pain can be heard*

• Like 1

I'm wagering it'd be a fake nose, mustache and glasses. Or he'd be in drag. Or both.

Bobby-Vs-disguise.jpg

• Like 6

This thread is wonderful, but you guys stop slut-shaming Velvs. 

Digging the fantasy booking about how to save TNA, but the question at the end of the day is...why?

What's the point of TNA being around? It's not competition, it's barely providing a living for the majority of its employees (except for the tippy-top guys), and even the exposure the guys are getting is viewed as a negative since WWE doesn't want TNA guys. I mean, I mean EC III would be doing better anywhere in the world than TNA. 

I mean, we all want Grandma to live here, but she'll never be vibrant again. Let's remember TNA how it was for that like five minutes when Joe and AJ and Christopher Daniels were doing fun shit and leave the memories alone. 

Best case TNA sticks around and they cut costs even more. It's basically a glorified indy now. What will it look like when they only have indy discards that know they have no shot at WWE so TNA is their only option?

I guess my clumsy point is that he's being used well, but so what?  Success in TNA doesn't exactly indicate or promise future success, it might be a detriment, in fact. 

But yeah, clumsy point. I guess what I was trying to say is that it's far better to be a hot indy guy, or a guy with international experience, than to be a pushed star on the nominal #2 wrestling company in the country. 

Really...what was the last pushed TNA homegrown star that the WWE hired? 

Have WWE pushed anyone from TNA that didn't originally work for them? Have they hired any TNA "stars" that lasted longer than a month?

The only person I can think that had significant success in WWE after first appearing in TNA is Punk, and he was only in TNA for a few months.

Kharma is the alternate-universe right answer to this.

• Like 1

I guess my clumsy point is that he's being used well, but so what?  Success in TNA doesn't exactly indicate or promise future success, it might be a detriment, in fact. 

But yeah, clumsy point. I guess what I was trying to say is that it's far better to be a hot indy guy, or a guy with international experience, than to be a pushed star on the nominal #2 wrestling company in the country. 

Really...what was the last pushed TNA homegrown star that the WWE hired? 

In EC3's case, hopefully it gets WWE to do a double take. Hunter's aware that guys can be repackaged and turn into amazing characters (Husky Harris to Bray Wyatt). EC3 is very similar in that regard. The guy's delivery is just awesome and it would be a shame if he didn't get another shot at WWE, if TNA does indeed go under.

I'm envisioning an EC3/Tyler Breeze tag team.

The best thing about that stupid six-sided ring was that Monty Brown would hit the Pounce from all angles. It looked cooler in that smaller-looking six-sided ring than in the traditional four-sided ring.