DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Hours earlier, Taz had written, “I unfollowed Russo earlier. He’s annoying and all about his brand. #Go Away.”

Talk about pot calling the kettel black.    

I used to have a friend who would often ask me if Taz was black.  Like I fuckin' knew!

• Like 1

Hours earlier, Taz had written, “I unfollowed Russo earlier. He’s annoying and all about his brand. #Go Away.”

I used to have a friend who would often ask me if Taz was black.  Like I fuckin' knew!

For the record....Taz is half black, half orange.  

• Like 18

By the way, I asked David McLane a while back about Vince Russo "meeting with him" - it was a phone call and it never got further than "I have an idea".  He ALSO tried it AGAIN when WOW was threatening to start back up last year, with the same response.

Even McLane wants nothing to do with him.

This may one day rival the sleaze thread in notoriety. Well done, everyone!

When you're such a sleazebag that David McLane blows you off, that speaks volumes...

• Like 5

TNA never did anything as artistically enriching as the Wresticilious Rap. Or the AWA Wrestlerock one either. Verne's spoken word attempt just stays with you. Rousing the spirit. Goldilocks' singing goes right through you.

• Like 1

By the way, I asked David McLane a while back about Vince Russo "meeting with him" - it was a phone call and it never got further than "I have an idea".  He ALSO tried it AGAIN when WOW was threatening to start back up last year, with the same response.

Even McLane wants nothing to do with him.

Did you ask if Russo called McLane at that same phone booth he always used to call the other Vince?

7-23-2013+3-29-40+PM.jpg

• Like 3

For the record....Taz is half black, half orange.

Half orange is the new half black.

• Like 3

From reading Vince Russo's Twitter, I have learned that he watches Teen Mom 2. That explains so much.

So he can validate his "bitches are whores are sluts" worldview, I'm sure.

The Vince Russo stuff might be the single most baffling business decision ever made in the history of wrestling.

You've got this guy whose last real success in wrestling was about 15 years ago. Your fans don't like him, your employees either don't like him or don't need him, and most importantly your "boss", or the company that controls your television exposure, your main source of revenue, absolutely cannot stand him. They want nothing to do with him.

So, you're Dixie Carter and you're facing this scenario. What do you do? A.) Cut all ties with him or B.) Bend over backward to secretly keep him in the company, in hopes that none of the three parties mentioned above will ever find out.

And the winner is... option B.

jaguars-fan-gif_medium.gif

Vince and Dixie are fucking. There is absolutely no other logical explanation for this level of complete and utter retardation to occur. It's one thing to have a bad "mind for wrestling", which Dixie clearly has, it's another to outright lie to your employees/employer about a guy who they flat out don't want in the company.

Suffice to say, "The Vince Russo Saga" is one chapter of "The Death of TNA" book that I'll be dying to read.

• Like 1

It seems incredibly difficult for a person to be cast out of the industry if they've ever achieved even the slightest amount of success or notoriety at some point. Look at all the people like Russo who keep finding work or getting booked in the business.

It seems incredibly difficult for a person to be cast out of the industry if they've ever achieved even the slightest amount of success or notoriety at some point. Look at all the people like Russo who keep finding work or getting booked in the business.

That's true, it's like everyone's go-to move for a flailing wrestling company is "hire Paul Heyman", as if there is no other human being on the planet equipped at successfully serving as the creative force behind a professional wrestling show.

Vince and Dixie are fucking. 

I expect a bearded, lazy eyed baby. 

With a heavy Southern/Noo Yawk accent.

If there is a vengeful god out there, Vince Russo will be forced to raise a child with a heavy Southern accent as his own.

It is so odd to see on my Twitter that guys like Zema Ion has been resigned to a "multi-year contract extension".   What is the benefit of this?  Hell not even sure if it is real or complete bullshit to make it seem that TNA is running as normal

It is so odd to see on my Twitter that guys like Zema Ion has been resigned to a "multi-year contract extension".   What is the benefit of this?  Hell not even sure if it is real or complete bullshit to make it seem that TNA is running as normal

This week's Observer mentioned that TNA's current deals are pay-per-appearance (Brooke just got signed to one) and thus only have a minimal cost otherwise.