DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

To me this is as much Jeff Jarrett's fault as anyone's.  Jarrett constantly got in the way of the growth of TNA.

I'd argue some guy saying Dixie was kinda cute the first time she was on camera did more harm than good. That ECW themed PPV in 2010 anyone?

I really wonder how those August NYC shows go now... If they are happening even....

Well, I just saw commercial for them playing on the fucking Jumbotron in Times Square, so I am assuming they will happen.  Just think about that, this company is advertising 2-3 thousand seat arena on the Jumbotron in Times Square.  That must cost so much money.

• Like 1

I really wonder how those August NYC shows go now... If they are happening even....

Well, I just saw commercial for them playing on the fucking Jumbotron in Times Square, so I am assuming they will happen.  Just think about that, this company is advertising 2-3 thousand seat arena on the Jumbotron in Times Square.  That must cost so much money.

It was meant to impress Spike.

Fail.

To me this is as much Jeff Jarrett's fault as anyone's.  Jarrett constantly got in the way of the growth of TNA.

This isn't about growth, though. Spike appears to have been fine with the exposure and ratings TNA received. It was the completely untrustworthy owner of the company who sunk them. 

The most exciting bit of ridiculous pro wrestling news since 2001, folks.

I want a three act play of Russo as Dixie's Rasputin.

This has been slept on. It's an absolutely perfect analogy. No matter how Dixies other advisors tried to get rid of Russo he kept bouncing back because of his magical healing powers. 

Pretty sure Russo could have blown up a bus full of nuns, punched the pope and taken a hammer to a box of kittens in front of Dixie and she'd be all "You just don't know him like I do. He's a great guy."

Coming this fall to Spike TV...Jim Cornette in Wrestling Rescue.

Jim Ross and Jon Tapper (Taffer?) have the same agent. I'd watch the shit out of the two Jims crap on local indies nationwide...

• Like 1

So if Spike thinks Dixie is completely inept, could Daddy Carter throw her under the bus and fire her and put someone new in charge as a sign of good faith to maybe get the show resigned or are we well past that point.

I know I was asking for way too much there.

I could see WWE bringing back the Dudleys to work with the Usos and the other young tag teams there. Eric Young maybe, since Santino is retired and they think they need "comedy," Bobby Roode, maybe Spud. Its sucks for the guys like Drew Mac and Brodus Clay and those guys who's no-compete clauses are gonna run out soon...

So if Spike thinks Dixie is completely inept, could Daddy Carter throw her under the bus and fire her and put someone new in charge as a sign of good faith to maybe get the show resigned or are we well past that point.

I know I was asking for way too much there.

I'm gonna say old Bob will be happy to get rid of this giant headache/clusterfuck.  And lol at the Brian Knobbs reference.