DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

I'd be shocked if any network would pay them for TV now. I could see someone taking them for free, but I think Spike's money was the only thing really keeping them afloat.

• Like 1

It seems like a lot of the Russo stuff is just internet fodder. The company has been showing signs of winding down for at least the last 6 months. I find it hard to believe that having Russo as some sort of consultant was what made Spike pull the plug. 

I think the general consensus is Spike execs were probably on the fence and the Russo stuff was the deciding factor.  Yeah, if they weren't losing so many stars and getting good ratings, Russo wouldn't have mattered. But Dixie lying about him on top of everything else was what ended the relationship.

It's entirely possible that TNA would have been canceled without the Russo thing.

But, given that they had been in negotiations for months, and then having it break that they were hiding that Vince Russo, someone Spike reportedly specifically didn't want involved, working for them in secret, backstage...  That cannot possibly have helped Dixie's case any.

As a working class kinda girl, I am pleased to see rich people get reprimanded for doing exactly what the boss told them NOT to do. Say what you will about Jarrett, but he is a fucking carny and wouldn't have let this shit happen. I mean, he sold the bullshit of TNA in the first place and was probably the only reason TNA was able to grow (if there was any).

Tho I am a little confused as to why people think TNA or TNA talent have any value to the WWE. I forget who said it, but someone said that the WWE is the top of the wrestling world and anyone who says they don't want to be in the WWE is full of shit. TNA and Russo has damaged more wrestlers' images than just about any other combination of company/writer/whatever Russo was.

Honestly, the only person I would pick up is Taryn.

Meltzer made a great point about The Russo Factor. It wasn't just because he was involved but that Dixie went to great lengths to hide him even though he was unwanted by nearly EVERYBODY. That isn't somebody you want to be partners in a venture with. 

So how does this bode for Dixie's career? Obviously she's got daddy's money to do whatever she wants. But does she ever got a job in the TV industry again?

I recall a story about her trying to get on one of those Real Housewives show a while ago. I think she's gotten a taste of the spotlight so I wouldn't be shocked if she turned up on some show or other.

Meltzer made a great point about The Russo Factor. It wasn't just because he was involved but that Dixie went to great lengths to hide him even though he was unwanted by nearly EVERYBODY. That isn't somebody you want to be partners in a venture with. 

You know what really screwed Dixie over? Her inability to admit that if everyone was telling her she was wrong about Russo, she probably was wrong about Russo.

That's why I think she always seemed pretty arrogant to me. More so than Vince McMahon even.

Come on, if literally everyone in business with you hates this man, should you really be insisting on keeping him because, hey, you know way better than them? Sheer, unadulterated arrogance. 

I would think Spike executives would just look at how terrible that product was produced when cancelling it. The one episode I saw was awful and impenetrable to anyone who never watched the program. That's the key rule in production -- always keep in mind that people may tune in for the first time, since that's how you grow an audience.

Maybe some executive from Spike is a big rasslin' fan and knows who Russo is. But I doubt that anyone within Spike headquarters knows (or cares) who is writing this crap. They just know it's crap.

Honestly, the only person I would pick up is Taryn.

Hasn't she already been sacked by WWE once??

Yeah, but now that her crazy boyfriend/husband isn't around maybe she will be more successful.  

She's had better matches than him. "Better" meaning some people actually went out of their way to see them after a couple of people hyped them up.

You know what really screwed Dixie over? Her inability to admit that if everyone was telling her she was wrong about Russo, she probably was wrong about Russo.

That's why I think she always seemed pretty arrogant to me. More so than Vince McMahon even.

Come on, if literally everyone in business with you hates this man, should you really be insisting on keeping him because, hey, you know way better than them? Sheer, unadulterated arrogance. 

Lets not forget, she once held a meeting with her writing team, and told them if she ever heard a crowd chant "Fire Russo" again, she'd fire one of them not named Vince Russo instead.

Lets not forget, she once held a meeting with her writing team, and told them if she ever heard a crowd chant "Fire Russo" again, she'd fire one of them not named Vince Russo instead.

Ironically, this time she refused to fire Russo and essentially got fired herself.

I think some guys get signed to Sting and Hogan like promotional deals so that WWE can release some more DVD's.

Outside of that nobody has any real value to the roster.  They are focused on NXT as a development territory and promoting movies for part time guys.  

I don't know about any station.   I wouldn't be surprised if some company like Country Music Television or TruTV or other C level cable network gives them a shot.  The question is whether Dixie goes for that last grasp or just kills it while the body is still twitching

Can they put the title on Bernice? 

• Like 1