DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Theories as to why Dixie had more loyalty to Russo than anyone will ever have to anything in the history of the Earth:

1) He had compromising pictures of her with barnyard animals

2) He had compromising pictures of Serg with barnyard animals

3) He was controlling her mind telepathically.

4) He saved her from an attack by a horde of angry zombie ninjas years ago and she felt she owed him.

5) He's a great lover.

Who would the WWE want? Angle and Jeff Hardy for name recognition and maybe Magnus, Gunner and Sam Shaw? There's really not much on their roster that isn't too old or not good enough... 

Spud & Bobby Roode.

"Once they found out I was working with Dixie they cancelled us. We were getting ready to move to Monday's 8pm on Spike to go head to head with RAW and they have us an additional hour. Yet I'M the guy to blame"

• Like 1

Hell, I could probably find people on RSPW that are better than Russo.

Now don't go making hyperbolic statements that you're going to regret later. You might find yourself cursed by a vengeful voodoo priestess that will force you to do exactly that.

I can't wait for the Vince Russo response to this.  I would bet $1000 it starts with "Okay listen.  What people don't understand is.....NO-BODY-WAS-USING-AUTO-FILL at the time that i wrote that email.."  

"10 years on...AND PEOPLE STILL TALK ABOUT THAT EMAIL. It got mainstream attention, so I don't regret it at all."

• Like 4

Hey, guys, if you ever feel insignificant, just remember: Vince Russo failed to check autocomplete and thus brought down a multi-million dollar company.

The little guy can make a difference after all.

I think "multi-million" is a bit of a stretch. "Multi-thousand," perhaps.

If KENTA can go through NXT then so can Styles, Daniels, Kaz, Roode, Storm, Young, Joe, Magnus, Hardys, Park, Kim, Beautiful People, Mickie... Seriously, it could be turned into a TNA redux but with much better booking and alot more young talent being pushed. They'd be getting paid more in NXT for the same basic taping schedule.

Hunter should be calling the guys and girls he wants ASAP before there's any chance of Jarrett or the Indy's getting in people's ears.

Who on your list do you imagine WWE wouldn't have by now if they wanted them?

WWE have offered deals to a few of those listed over the years but from memory alot of them sighted the lighter taping schedule of TNA as being a major reason for staying.

And to be fair, it looks like their taping schedule is about to get even lighter.

• Like 1

I wonder if Spike was making any money in ad revenue off of TNA since it was their highest rated show or if that viewership came as a loss to them.

You have to think TNA's best hope right now is that Turner wants wrestling again and is willing to put them back on TBS on Saturday night at around 7:00 PM Eastern.

However, that happening during football season couldn't be a worse idea for TNA.

Not really a surprise. Everything was pointing in this direction for some time. 

I used to cut TNA some slack. Then NXT came a long and was every single thing TNA should have been this whole time and them some. Fresh faces, simple storylines and good matches. 

• Like 1

I don't know about any station.   I wouldn't be surprised if some company like Country Music Television or TruTV or other C level cable network gives them a shot.  The question is whether Dixie goes for that last grasp or just kills it while the body is still twitching

I can't imagine anyone taking a chance on TNA, certainly not Tru TV, which has quality stuff like Hardcore Pawn... (I'd rather watch the Gold family's antics than Dixie's crap any day of the week.)

• Like 1

I don't know about any station.   I wouldn't be surprised if some company like Country Music Television or TruTV or other C level cable network gives them a shot.  The question is whether Dixie goes for that last grasp or just kills it while the body is still twitching

I can't see CMT taking it. They're on the Viacom side of things like Spike. 

That's TNA's problem right now. They just pissed off the largest provider of cable tv channels available with Viacom.

It seems like a lot of the Russo stuff is just internet fodder. The company has been showing signs of winding down for at least the last 6 months. I find it hard to believe that having Russo as some sort of consultant was what made Spike pull the plug. 

• Like 1

Well, I ran out of likes on this thread alone.  Great stuff, guys.

I'm laughing at the incompetence on Dixie and Russo's part, yet am a bit pissed off at them.  Lots of talented people got fucked in this.  I imagine guys like Joe will go back to ROH or Japan.  Him in Bullet Club maybe?  Those that held out on WWE for TNA probably feel like shit right now, and it wasn't their fault.  I've been forgiving many times for Dixie and enjoyed her heel character.  Didn't expect her incompetence was this real (I've heard the stories in the past)  How in the blazes she can do that and thing she got away with it is beyond me.

As for Russo, fuck him.  I'm biased due to his shit in the past, so even though he wasn't the only one to blame fuck him.  The only time I didn't hate him was when he broke down talking about Owen on Austin's podcast.  But other than that fuck him.

Fuck it, kill the company, man.  Jeff takes who he wants for GWF, and the rest go where they go.  Fuck TNA.