DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Now second, why does Spike TV even give a flying fuck that Russo is booking TNA?  Is it something they should really have a say in?  If it is that bad on Spike TV's end, where the fuck were they from 2006 to 2010?  Where were they to veto Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan who did absolutely nothing for the company?  Just don't see why Spike TV is billy badass in this situation with Russo.

Russo is so widely despised in the the industry it was inevitably going to get back to them and influence their mindset. Meltzer's mentioned that they don't like a lot of his raunchier stuff as well.

Besides, I think the major issue is that Dixie lied to their faces about it. I mean, it's a bit hard to trust her or the company ever again. What sort of business relationship can you have after that?

Now second, why does Spike TV even give a flying fuck that Russo is booking TNA?  Is it something they should really have a say in?  If it is that bad on Spike TV's end, where the fuck were they from 2006 to 2010?  Where were they to veto Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan who did absolutely nothing for the company?  Just don't see why Spike TV is billy badass in this situation with Russo.

Russo is so widely despised in the the industry it was inevitably going to get back to them and influence their mindset. Meltzer's mentioned that they don't like a lot of his raunchier stuff as well.

Besides, I think the major issue is that Dixie lied to their faces about it. I mean, it's a bit hard to trust her or the company ever again. What sort of business relationship can you have after that?

Spike TV has no right to complain about raunchy TV after broadcasting Raising the Roofs.  Honestly, I think Meltzer makes a lot of things up and I don't believe that.

So many thoughts on this to process.

For starters, this doesn't necessarily guarantee the death of TNA yet.

Honestly, I don't really blame Russo here so much as Dixie Carter. To me this is all on her, especially relying on Russo's incompetence. She is even more incompetent.

Now second, why does Spike TV even give a flying fuck that Russo is booking TNA? Is it something they should really have a say in? If it is that bad on Spike TV's end, where the fuck were they from 2006 to 2010? Where were they to veto Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan who did absolutely nothing for the company? Just don't see why Spike TV is billy badass in this situation with Russo.

As the old saying goes don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Meltzer floated the theory that when Bischoff was tight with Spike in 2010 and 2011, he badmouthed Russo to them a lot. And that was a factor.

I remember Cornette also mentioning a story about some Spike people reading one of Russo's Impact scripts and rolling their eyes at all the grammar mistakes and how badly written it was.

Honestly, it's probably not that surprising they disliked him.

Why is it ok for WWE to bring in all those ex TNA guys when it wasn't ok for TNA to bring in ex WWE guys?

WWE almost neurotically dismisses any and all prior history a superstar has outside of WWE, whereas TNA obsessively uses said history to try to prove themselves a legitimate competitor.

• Like 2

I think the crappy part of it is none of the people who actually screwed the company ever will even be that affected by it--it's entirely the wrestlers and office workers that will suffer.

-Dixie will probably go on a round the world cruise or find another vanity project for her dad's billions to fund.

-Russo will continue to go on the shoot circuit. I wouldn't rule out some new promoter giving him a chance in the future; the guy comes back more than Jason Vorhees.

-Bischoff and Hogan got to pad their retirement funds.

• Like 1

It should end with Eric Young waking up from a nightmare, and he's suddenly back to 2000 when he jobbed to Val Venis on Velocity. He breathes a sigh of relief, thanks God and Dusty Rhodes, and then it fades to black.

• Like 3

I can't find it in me to rejoice that a bunch of talented people are going to be out of a job. However, the sheer ineptitude that Dixie displayed speaks volumes as to why this sad abomination needs to go away. Vince Russo is a cancer and always has been. I could probably find a couple of hundred people on this board that are better writers for a wrestling program. Hell, I could probably find people on RSPW that are better than Russo. The only bright spot I see in this is that maybe Jarrett's promotion will work out (assuming that he's learned from his mistakes). Oh, and a big boon to the indies...

• Like 2

TNA's last episode should cram in as many of these "final episode" skits as possible: not just the Seinfeld, Sopranos, St. Elsewhere and Newhart endings mentioned here, but also the MASH ending (Dixie flies away in helicopter, Rockstar Spud has written "Cheers Madam" in orange construction cones on the roof of the Impact Zone), the Cheers ending (peek into the Aces & Eights locker room, Knux says "We're closed,") as well as the Howdy Doody Show ending (Tigre Uno unmasks with a tearful "Goodbye kids!").

• Like 1

Meltz hinted at 3 major news stories that would break this week. 1 was a definite, the WWE network numbers. The others were maybes. I guess this was one of them. No way they survive since TV was their only source of income. Sad to see a lot of these guys with out a steady gig, but this shit was on borrowed time for so long.

It sucks that TNA wrestlers will be looking for a job but from what I understand, there are only a small handful of guys making decent money (Angle, Bubba, etc) and those guys are already set. The guys constricted by TNA contracts but aren't able to make ends meet who have talent should be able to make as much on the Indys or somewhere. Those who can't find a gig are probably saving themselves from even more pain and suffering when they get old and probably shouldn't be in a ring anyway. 

People make the argument that with TNA, at least there is another option for wrestlers. My argument has always been that bad wrestling shows hurt the long term viability of wrestling as a whole and that wrestling as an artform won't exist much longer anyway if bad companies are allowed to exist even though they are proven failures. It only serves to shrink the wrestling fanbase, not expand it. 

• Like 6

Hey, guys, if you ever feel insignificant, just remember: Vince Russo failed to check autocomplete and thus brought down a multi-million dollar company.

The little guy can make a difference after all.

• Like 3

I just really hope some of the more talented guys on the roster make their way to NXT. I still don't believe Dixie is a real person, like she's just an actress right? No one could be that incompetent.