DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Why does Russo deserve shit for this? Dixie is the fucking moron that brought him back when told not to.

That's actually an awesome point. Russo may stink but this isn't a result of something he did. Well, besides the E Mail,  :lol:

It's time to take another look at the "Vince sends Russo to promotions to kill them" conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

Why does Russo deserve shit for this? Dixie is the fucking moron that brought him back when told not to.

That's actually an awesome point. Russo may stink but this isn't a result of something he did.
Except the thing he did.

Or, more broadly, EVERYTHING he did, which led Spike to say "Whatever you do, do not hire this guy. We're serious."

• Like 2

I wonder if the recent angle at the TNA NY tapings 

where Dixie got put through a table to end the show. Considering Spike's policy on man//woman violence, you have to wonder whether or not they can even let that air. Maybe there was annoyance at that

played a part. 

Cuz Russo's the fucking moron that, when he got a job and was told he had to keep it on the down-low, CC'ed Mike Johnson on an email?

So does Bob Carter sell Vince the library in the hope of making some money back?

He might, but it's not like Bob needs the money, especially the chump change Vince'll offer.

If KENTA can go through NXT then so can Styles, Daniels, Kaz, Roode, Storm, Young, Joe, Magnus, Hardys, Park, Kim, Beautiful People, Mickie... Seriously, it could be turned into a TNA redux but with much better booking and alot more young talent being pushed. They'd be getting paid more in NXT for the same basic taping schedule.

Hunter should be calling the guys and girls he wants ASAP before there's any chance of Jarrett or the Indy's getting in people's ears.

Who on your list do you imagine WWE wouldn't have by now if they wanted them?

WWE have offered deals to a few of those listed over the years but from memory alot of them sighted the lighter taping schedule of TNA as being a major reason for staying.

NXT works a similar routine so, with the TNA option gone, maybe they reconsider making the move?

NXT is not a profit center, though. Barring them selling it as a 3rd show, (when networks have not shown great interest in wrestling programming as of late,) hiring talent FOR NXT programming makes no sense. The reason for WWE to bring in anyone on that list would be that they would make money on the main roster, which has just as grueling a schedule as it did before.

Looking forward to Russo finding a way to exclusively host a promotion through his website/Twitter.

Bro, we'll host SEX through the mobiles, bro. SEX. It's Sports Entertainment Xtreme bro. You pay and watch the shows on your phone when you want bro.

• Like 2

The only reason I could see them bringing in anyone for NXT would be if they signed a guy like Daniels or someone to be a player/coach and help out the younger wrestlers while still performing on the shows to get them over.

Yeah, unless they turned NXT into a touring brand there's no reason to clutter that roster. 

Is there anyone on the roster that New Japan or AAA would take? I would imagine that a motivated Joe or Aries would do very well in NJPW. 

My hunch is that anyone in TNA that doesn't have some sort of WWE connection is out of luck, and I can only see Hardy and Angle getting brought in and pushed at a main event/semi-main level. 

They could hold their house shows at slightly bigger venues, couldn't they? I mean nothing drastic, but yeah. They're kind of a small indy, they still do house shows and stuff.

EDIT: Does anyone think Angle will really ever wrestle in WWE again? He might join WWE, but an active member? He's way too beat up, I don't see that happening. MAYBE one more match, but that's all I could see him doing. They're more strict on long term injuries and all of that kind of stuff now. Unless you're Rey Mysterio.

You think they'll make it to October if Spike doesn't renew their contract?

For that matter, when does their TV deal end? I assume it's relatively soon.

maybe they can bring Don West back and turn entire episodes into a TNA clearance sale, like it's Shop At Home.

You know the TNA archives are gonna wind up in the $1 DVD pile next to the "Jeff Jarrett/Steve Austin 1989 USWA Before they were Stars" DVDs that they sold from a footage cache

It's through October. As someone else I know pointed out. They still have other television contracts internationally (i.e. Challenge TV). Whoever said on here a few weeks ago that if they got cancelled they should pack up and move to the UK might be right.

It's through October. As someone else I know pointed out. They still have other television contracts internationally (i.e. Challenge TV). Whoever said on here a few weeks ago that if they got cancelled they should pack up and move to the UK might be right.

will they be able to rebrand TNA as Ring Ka King without Jarrett being around?

Yeah, unless they turned NXT into a touring brand there's no reason to clutter that roster. 

Is there anyone on the roster that New Japan or AAA would take? I would imagine that a motivated Joe or Aries would do very well in NJPW. 

My hunch is that anyone in TNA that doesn't have some sort of WWE connection is out of luck, and I can only see Hardy and Angle getting brought in and pushed at a main event/semi-main level. 

I have no idea what AAA's US TV show will be like but if it's a normal wrestling show I could see them maybe picking up a guy like Aries.