DVDVR Message Board

Your most hated wrestler and why?

cwoy2j

ADDING: Ted DiBiase, Jr.

"Son of the Million Dollar Man" is probably the easiest gimmick of all-time to get over. "My dad's rich. You're poor." It takes NOTHING more than that and people would want to kill him. They also gave him a golddigger in Maryse as a heat magnet. That dude was such a charisma suck.

The crazy thing is after seeing Ted in NOAH, I thought he'd do well in WWE. At least he flamed out properly, instead of lingering for years and occasionally tricking people into thinking he had what it took to be a big time player like Cody.

Yeah, I really enjoyed his NOAH stuff, he had so much potential. Thing is, he was still a pretty good wrestler throughout his WWE career, and was a really good lower-mid card face. But he had absolutely zero charisma, and that killed his career. The most over he ever got was when they teased the Legacy split the night his dad was guest host on Raw, and the crowd were molten for him to beat up Orton. He didn't, and he never got to that level again.

Damn it, Nate stole my Jeff Jarrett mention. Horrible gimmicks, atrocious gear, worst finisher. Like Justin Credible, a guy you want to smack the piss out of not because he's a good heel but just because he's on your television. 

And btw, what's wrong with Hak as a person? Yeah he's an alcoholic, but he hasn't done anything near what Ian Rotten who is also on that list has. By all accounts he's a good father, despite the angle with his kid being in negligible taste depending on where you think the line is drawn. 

What I want out of this thread is Rippa's list just because he pulled his punches during "Wrestlers I Hate" WOTD week.

Hogan.

First of all, he was totally hitting on Liz, even as a kid I could understand why Savage was a wreck.  Then the Rumble deal with Sid, he just seemed to constantly back stab his 'friends' and the act like this sad goof when they turned on him. I hate his hound-dog "wha did I do?" look, I hated his posing after the matches, I hated saying your prayers and eating your vitamins.  Then he went away and all seemed good for a while, then he came back and beat Yokozuna and I literally stopped watching WWF for a few years.

Then he showed up in WCW and proceeded to stink the shit out of the place, he just didnt seem to fit the WCW mould at the time.  When he turned heel I as like "finally" now EVERYONE has got to know he is a dick now right? It was like my own personal wrestling hell.  I appreciate the Rock match now but at the time I hated him for 'stealing the Rocks thunder' (I am a terrible fan).

The only thing he ever did I truly enjoyed was the Mr. America schtick, but the lie detector categorically confirmed that it was not Hulk Hogan under the mask, I am therefore absolved.  I can therefore honestly say Hogan has done nothing I ever enjoyed.

His movies and TV shows are all terrible as well.

The Flo-Jo look is something I have long dreamed of seeing a wrestler use. Kudos to Zack.

Maybe he's just awful as a babyface? Because he truly is. Him as a stooge heel in that match was fine. He could be a perfectly good guido Stevie Richards.

The new Fantastics (bobby and jackie fulton) wore the flo jo pants in the early 90s.

1) Rikishi. There was this fat kid at my high school who only knew of him, and nothing else wrestling-wise, and would constantly ask me about what Rikishi was doing to the point where I considered hiring Rikishi to run him down for the People. Fuck Rikishi.

2) Justin Credible/Jeff Jarrett/Shane Douglas/Gangrel = I just really hate "heels who are heels for the sake of being a heel". OK, why are you laughing like that? Why are your sunglasses on inside? I get that you think you're cool, but you do nothing to show why that may be, and it's not like you're portrayed as a delusional guy, you're just...not that cool, all you're doing is just laughing at random intervals weirdly and throwing your head back...

• Like 2

The Flo-Jo look is something I have long dreamed of seeing a wrestler use. Kudos to Zack.

Maybe he's just awful as a babyface? Because he truly is. Him as a stooge heel in that match was fine. He could be a perfectly good guido Stevie Richards.

The new Fantastics (bobby and jackie fulton) wore the flo jo pants in the early 90s.

Don't forget former WCW Saturday night mainstay/current federal prison mainstay Hardbody Harrison.  

By and large, if you were in DX I pretty much hate you.

Shawn Michaels

Triple H

Billy Gunn

X-Pac

Chyna

I mean, some of them have had good matches, some of them haven't but they're all obnoxious fuckpots.

My cliched stock answers for 2014 are Miz and Anderson. Completely irredeemable. I mean I haven't watched TNA in a year or so but it's not like Anderson has improved from being the worst human being on Earth, right?

Oh, and Abyss too. Random reason is the way he runs down the aisle when he's making the save. That and he's shit.

At least you still love Road Dogg bro

My hate list:

Tommy Dreamer- fat crybaby

The Miz- Howard the Duck looking motherfucker

Kofi Kingston - the epitome of just fucking being there, but he seems like a really nice guy

Mojo Rawley - only over with fucking CHUDS. KING OF THE FUCKING CHUDS

That tag team of the black dude and the white dude that come out to the song that sounds like the GUTS theme fucked the KIDS COURT theme in NXT. I don't think they team up anymore though. They sucked.

Dino Bravo- obviously

Kane- made his whole career either playing a dentist or copying more established characters

Pretty much any long term ECW champion that wasn't Raven - Taz, Douglas, Credible,etc. fuck Em

• Like 2

2) Justin Credible/Jeff Jarrett/Shane Douglas/Gangrel = I just really hate "heels who are heels for the sake of being a heel". OK, why are you laughing like that? Why are your sunglasses on inside? I get that you think you're cool, but you do nothing to show why that may be, and it's not like you're portrayed as a delusional guy, you're just...not that cool, all you're doing is just laughing at random intervals weirdly and throwing your head back...

Boom, hate Shane Douglas. WTF IS SO FUNNY!?

Add me to the Jimmy Valiant list. I remember watching NWA tapes as a kid and completely failing to understand how he was supposed to be a believable wrestler, much less an over face. My first real experiences with ECW were after their demise - I was initially surprised by how much of their "classic" roster bored me to tears. Shane Douglas, Sandman, Sabu, Dreamer... I guess you had to be there.

I always hated Hogan. Most of it stems from his using a leg drop as a finish. Weak-looking finishers were the one thing I couldn't accept as a kid. I couldn't suspend my disbelief, it made me know for certain how fake wrestling was. I have this same beef with Warrior and The Rock, and the Von Erichs to a lesser extent.

I've also got a few beloved, all-time-great main events that I will cheer against in any match they're in. Kenta Kobashi and Shawn Michaels must always suffer. Cena, obviously. I have cheered DAVEY RICHARDS over Kota Ibushi in a live setting, because my brain tells me Kota is essentially an eleven-year old girl who won't stop texting.

Add me to the Jimmy Valiant list. I remember watching NWA tapes as a kid and completely failing to understand how he was supposed to be a believable wrestler, much less an over face.

I always hated Hogan. Most of it stems from his using a leg drop as a finish. Weak-looking finishers were the one thing I couldn't accept as a kid. I couldn't suspend my disbelief, it made me know for certain how fake wrestling was. I have this same beef with Warrior and The Rock, and the Von Erichs to a lesser extent.

I've also got a few beloved, all-time-great main events that I will cheer against in any match they're in. Kenta Kobashi and Shawn Michaels must always suffer. Cena, obviously. I have cheered DAVEY RICHARDS over Kota Ibushi in a live setting, because my brain tells me Kota is essentially an eleven-year old girl who won't stop texting.

I had no problem with Kerry and Kevin using the claw b/c I could buy two jacked up dudes squeezing your head until you gave up. Even Fritz and Baron Von Rasche b/c the claw is something a sadistic old man would do. I couldn't buy Mike Von Erich doing it though.

I want to say "add me to the Jarrett list", but it's hard to care one way or the other.  He's probably just on that list of guys I never wanted to see on my TV.  I hate that stupid Nashville shit.

And Anderson is so comedically terrible right now that it's hard to hate him.  Same with Jeff Hardy - guy is probably the world's biggest douche, but I haven't laughed as hard at anything in wrestling than Willow in a while.  What an asshole.  

Add me to the Jimmy Valiant list. I remember watching NWA tapes as a kid and completely failing to understand how he was supposed to be a believable wrestler, much less an over face.

I had no problem with Kerry and Kevin using the claw b/c I could buy two jacked up dudes squeezing your head until you gave up. Even Fritz and Baron Von Rasche b/c the claw is something a sadistic old man would do. I couldn't buy Mike Von Erich doing it though.

I had a little brother to beat up on, so any time I saw a cool submission move his joints and bones paid the price. He grew up just fine, I promise. The Claw just didn't hurt, and Kerry's ballerina punch wasn't much better.

Anyhoo, I learned young which submission moves actually hurt. I think it's a reason why I preferred guys with submission finishers. Bret Hart and Sting, Chris Jericho (I was never so cruel to go for the knee on the head), Scott Steiner... we had to ban the Recliner in the house pretty early on. This adolescent cruelty helped develop my love for Ric Flair - a properly applied Figure Four hurts like a mother, brother.

ADDING: Sable

Largely illiterate, melted-face ogre who got over by degrading herself and becoming the ultimate dream for self-hating creeps looking to enact their horrifying sexual power fantasies.

I hope Brock doesn't have internet access at his secluded compound. But if he does, it was nice knowing you.

And Sable is a lovely woman who I compliment but would never dream of doing anything with.

Mojo Rawley - only over with fucking CHUDS. KING OF THE FUCKING CHUDS

Oh fuck yes, His gimmick is "coked up frat guy" and his finisher involves his ass. Just....no. He's instant "skip-it" material.