DVDVR Message Board

I love Cool Spot and the NES board-game Spot. Both are really fun and deserved more attention than "oh, a licensed game with the 7up spot."

So many things I wish I could remember well enough to talk about. X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse been mentioned yet? It was a weird little attempt to make a cross between Double Dragon (moreso than Final Fight since it has a bit of platforming) and Street Fighter-style special moves. Easily worth a $10 purchase, wouldn't pay more than that.

Space Megaforce is a Compile overhead shmup. If you like overhead shmups, you may already know that Compile made some fucking ace games.  Thunder Spirits is a port of Thunder Force AC, an arcade machine that took stages from Thunder Force 3 and 4 and remixed them. It's gorgeous, but its gameplay is not a revelation or anything.

Cybernator. Mech-based platform shooter, sequel to the Genesis game Target Earth. It's difficult but fun, and I have massive nostalgia for it.

• Like 1

Space Megaforce is a Compile overhead shmup. If you like overhead shmups, you may already know that Compile made some fucking ace games.  Thunder Spirits is a port of Thunder Force AC, an arcade machine that took stages from Thunder Force 3 and 4 and remixed them. It's gorgeous, but its gameplay is not a revelation or anything.

Space Megaforce Is great!  I loved that game!