DVDVR Message Board

The 1970s... The Decade of my Youth

goodhelmet

David Bowie owns the 70s IMO but wouldn't even know what to post. Too much good stuff to choose from.

Ian Dury

Sparks. This received a lot of complaints from parents. Ron Mael scared their kids.

This is great. Iggy Pop makes no effort to hide that he is lip synching. Growing up on music videos I didn't even pay it any mind until he grabbed the mic to draw attention to it.

Flash in the Pan- Hey St Peter Was shocked when I saw I wasn't the only one to vote for them on the 70s album list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2Ux9enzSk

• Like 1

Sparks. This received a lot of complaints from parents. Ron Mael scared their kids.

If he is scary HItler Moustache guy then I can see why.

Yeah that is the one. Though it is a lot less scary years later in the Beat the Clock Video. Hey it is 1979 so can post it.

Favorite Devo song

Modern Lovers- Hospital

Leonard Cohen- Paper Thin Hotel. Very odd song about listening to the woman you love having sex in the other room. The whole album is odd but I like it more than most Cohen fans. Has a lot of ridiculous moments but some of the songs fit just how over the top the production is

What do you get when you mix Chicago and a few of The Beach Boys? You get Wishing You Were Here.

I really like Terry Kath so like that song. Probably most surprised I have ever been to find out a singer is white from hearing him on the radio. Decent guitar player.

Might as well go with a song written by Bowie (also clearly singing in the chorus)

Yep, I included this in the Bowie's friends thread. 

Anyway, fuck yeah, Chicago...

With the fucking Beach Boys!!!! 

• Like 2

Yep, I included this in the Bowie's friends thread. 

Missed the post completely. Asleep at the wheel nothing new.

Love Train line dance on Soul Train featuring Rerun from What's Happening

Eggs Over Easy- Face Down in the Meadow. One of the bands that kicked off Pub Rock in London. American country rock band.

The Motors- Airport One of the worst bands ever but the song is oddly catchy

Need some ELO Midnight Blue

• Like 1