DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

I´m going to say it now. Even considering how many problems teams have getting good fullbacks, Dani Alves is still pretty crap for the level of competition he plays at. Happy Cameroon got a goal, simply because I have this weird sentiment that I want every team to score at least once at the World Cup finals.

EDIT: Cameroon seems to win every header in the Brazilian box, which is quite the feat considering Brazil have Luiz and Silva, both of which are tall and good at that part of th game.

Croatia v Mexico looks like a grudge match.   What you want in a mutual elimination game, really.  They're desperate and nasty, getting in each others' faces and yelling at each other after tackles.  Fun!

Too bad Ronaldo isn't actually hobbled as he's been moving around just fine.. but I guess we can grant that excuse.

You watch a lot of Ronaldo, yeah?

Actually, yes. I watch more than you would expect, especially the elite clubs. He wasn't hobbling around as you claimed.

Then I presume you noticed the lack of final-third acceleration he normally has that would just so happen to coincide with reports of his being injured (to the point where there were questions as to whether he would play the first two group matches for Portugal).  Hobbled in the context of a player like CR7 doesn't necessarily equate limping around as though his leg had been kicked out of his leg.

Stop moving the goalposts and give the U.S. some fucking credit. This thread was 90% "U.S. isn't going to do shit in that group!" before the cup started. Only a few of us gave them a shot.  :lol:

Too bad Ronaldo isn't actually hobbled as he's been moving around just fine.. but I guess we can grant that excuse.

Actually, yes. I watch more than you would expect, especially the elite clubs. He wasn't hobbling around as you claimed.

Then I presume you noticed the lack of final-third acceleration he normally has that would just so happen to coincide with reports of his being injured (to the point where there were questions as to whether he would play the first two group matches for Portugal).  Hobbled in the context of a player like CR7 doesn't necessarily equate limping around as though his leg had been kicked out of his leg.

Stop moving the goalposts and give the U.S. some fucking credit. This thread was 90% "U.S. isn't going to do shit in that group!" before the cup started. Only a few of us gave them a shot.  :lol:

"Ronaldo wasn't hurt."

"Yes he was."

"Why do you hate America?"

• Like 3

"Ronaldo wasn't hurt."

"Yes he was."

"Why do you hate America?"

That's not actually how it went...  I said he wasn't hobbled and he wasn't. BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS THIRD GEAR. The guy was moving around well enough to be a factor. But keep creating excuses. Go ahead. Give me some more... 

The contrast between coaches Kovac and Herrera could not have been greater

EDIT:  speaking in terms of sideline disposition/personality.  Not necessarily actual tactics/coaching