DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

In the words of the great Neil

Germany don't have the best record when it comes to non-aggresssion pacts

(No offence Reise!)

So I should be offended?

I think even if both teams go all out, if they play a draw, the backlash will be there.

(No offence Reise!)

So I should be offended?

I think even if both teams go all out, if they play a draw, the backlash will be there.

Yeah but if they go all out and draw then the backlash is just Sour Grapes ("LOL should've won your games when you had the chance, eh? :)")

If it's a Worked draw then the backlash is right.

(No offence Reise!)

No worries, I laughed. ;)

Would have given a like, but I reached my quota earlier when liking almost all the posts of the US youth system postings.

Today´s matches seem pretty pedestrian, but David Villa scored a fine little goal for Spain.

Chile looks like the real deal, Holland seems to be relying solely on breaks to prevent a Round of the Last 16 match against Brazil from happening. Robben´s run was great, but not that much besides that imo.

Klinsmann with the ICE BURN today, When asked if he would work with Germany to get the draw both teams need to clinch advancement... "The US is known to give all they have in every single game.... otherwise Mexico would not be here."

• Like 1

Just to double back to something - I totally missed this in the chaos of the end of the game but...

Taylor Twellman apparently claimed during the broadcast that Graham Zusi's slow trot off the pitch when he got subbed out was what cause their to be an additional minute of stoppage time added (Yahoo Story)

Twellman claimed that the fourth official, standing on the sideline, had originally shown on his board that four minutes would be added, but changed it to five "when [Zusi] walked slowly."

Now highly doubtful that was the reason - even if it was... maybe if Michael Bradley doesn't turn the ball over and maybe if Geoff Cameron can mark someone...

Klinsmann with the ICE BURN today, When asked if he would work with Germany to get the draw both teams need to clinch advancement... "The US is known to give all they have in every single game.... otherwise Mexico would not be here."

Mic-Drop.gif

Just to double back to something - I totally missed this in the chaos of the end of the game but...

Taylor Twellman apparently claimed during the broadcast that Graham Zusi's slow trot off the pitch when he got subbed out was what cause their to be an additional minute of stoppage time added (Yahoo Story)

Twellman claimed that the fourth official, standing on the sideline, had originally shown on his board that four minutes would be added, but changed it to five "when [Zusi] walked slowly."

Now highly doubtful that was the reason - even if it was... maybe if Michael Bradley doesn't turn the ball over and maybe if Geoff Cameron can mark someone...

That sounds silly. More likely it was the substitution itself rather than Zusi not walking fast enough.

That Dutch counterattack was awesome. I thought I saw a ghost when Dirk Kuyt was playing, had no idea that ugly bastard was still around. Still, glad to see him playing for the Elftal, I thought he´d be close to retirement or even retired already.
I had the Dutch game on TV and Spain-Australia running on laptop, Australia didn´t do much and it was a really easy win for Spain. That Villa goal might be the best thing Spain did that World Cup, what a fine finish. Even in victory this wasn´t the usual Tikki takka though. Glimpses of it, maybe.

Too bad Ronaldo isn't actually hobbled as he's been moving around just fine.. but I guess we can grant that excuse.

You watch a lot of Ronaldo, yeah?

Actually, yes. I watch more than you would expect, especially the elite clubs. He wasn't hobbling around as you claimed.

Too bad Ronaldo isn't actually hobbled as he's been moving around just fine.. but I guess we can grant that excuse.

You watch a lot of Ronaldo, yeah?

Actually, yes. I watch more than you would expect, especially the elite clubs. He wasn't hobbling around as you claimed.

Then I presume you noticed the lack of final-third acceleration he normally has that would just so happen to coincide with reports of his being injured (to the point where there were questions as to whether he would play the first two group matches for Portugal).  Hobbled in the context of a player like CR7 doesn't necessarily equate limping around as though his leg had been kicked out of his leg.

• Like 2

I've come to expect that we won't get a true samba Brazil in this World Cup. I mean, a lot of chaps older and wiser than me are saying there hasn't been a truly great Brazilian team since the '82 World Cup but, shit, even in my generation of Brazil teams in 94/98/02 you still had Romario/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Ronaldinho. This team has Fred, a guy named after the captain of the darts team in the Dog and Duck. 

That being said, they'll probably win this 5-0.