DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

hahahaha wow.

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 1m
The general sentiment coming out of Mexico toward 'El Tri' is basically "Why can't you have balls and heart like the Americans?" #Priceless

Mexico Spanish Language broadcast of the games speaks in English when the USA scores:

"We love you! We love you forever and ever! God Bless America!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1XhaBT45I&feature=youtu.bemericans?" #Priceless

Sweden vs Germany was a crazy game once again. I think overall it took Neuer 150 minutes in both games until he finally saved a real shot. Goetze´s equalizer and Schuerrle´s goals, especially his third, where incredible. Tobias Hysén scoring two for Sweden warmed my heart, he is a player of blåvitt after all and I sympathize heavily with IFK Göteborg. And his second goal was brilliant volley.Considering the Swedes game some real contests to England, Argentina, ourselves and the Netherlands (back then also without Ibrahimovic) over the course of the last two years, winning after being down 2-0 is a good feat of strength, although our defending was horrible at times.If you don´t mind Arab commentary, you might check this out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYd8BiYNvEI love the Mexican guys reacting to US-goals. Seems as if Mexico - despite "only" playing Jordan - has some major worries ahead, though. The draw for the European playoffs will be next Monday I heard. With the seeds/non seeds we still have some interesting possibilities ahead. Portugal vs France of course. Ukraine vs Sweden would be a revenge match from the last EURO. Iceland at the playoffs is already a huge deal for them, now if they somehow could qualify, they would be the heroes of the Atlantic I imagine. It will all depend on how they make use of their home game which should be a tough deal for every player who is not from Iceland.

I love the Mexican guys reacting to US-goals. Seems as if Mexico - despite "only" playing Jordan - has some major worries ahead, though. 

Mexico is playing New Zeland

Jordan is playing Uruguay

Oh and these are some of the apparent translations of the Mexican announcers (God - I really need to learn Spanish)

"GOOOOAAAAAAL The US of A PUTS us in the playoffs!!!!!" USA!

"It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ...BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ....IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever..... KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOTplaced us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE....IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU.! .NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT.....NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY....NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS....
"IT IS A FAILURE.....and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ....how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..MExico is a horror, just terrible....A FAILURE....
THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ....THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE.... I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach...."

GOAL BY UNITED STATES! WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!

GOD BLESS AMERICA! UNITED STATES! YOU PUT US IN THE PLAYOFF!

THOSE OF YOU IN GREEN DID NOT! THEY DID! YOU DIDN'T! THEY GAVE THEIR WHOLE LIVES! YOU PEOPLE DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR THE JERSEY! YOU GUYS DIDN'T GIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE TEAM! YOU DID NOT GET US INTO THE WORLD CUP! YOU DID NOT KEEP US ALIVE! IT WAS UNITED STATES, NOT YOU! NOT YOU AND YOUR PRIDE! NOT YOU AND YOUR HISTORY! NOT YOU AND YOUR THUNDER!

This is a failure... and apart from that it was deserved, you had control of being in the playoff.... United States, with many substitute players, remember that, with lots of substitute players went to Panama, was dignified, the United States showed they understand this sport, while the Mexican team is shitty, horrible, terrible, a failure -

GOAL! GOAL UNITED STATES! WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFF!

UNITED STATES! SO THAT WE STAY MEXICAN! SO THAT WE SAY..

UNITED STATES HAVE PASSED US! UNITED STATES ARE BETTER THAN US AT SOCCER! UNITED STATES AND THEIR SUBSTITUTE TEAM HAVE KEPT US ALIVE!

HOPEFULLY VUCETICH... PUTS ON HIS PANTS AND RESIGNS TODAY! HE IS FAILING AS WELL A HEAD COACH! HE ISN'T WORKING AS A HEAD COACH!

WE NEED SOMEONE WITH PANTS WHO ROUSES THE EUROPEAN PLAYERS AND GETS THEM TO COME OUT WHEN SELECTED! THE EUROPEAN PLAYERS DO NOT EXIST ON THIS TEAM AT THIS MOMENT!

Shouldn't the US have laid down, though? I get the feeling if the roles were reversed Mexico would've lost 10-0 just to keep us out of the World Cup...

And take this for what it is worth - but all week the US players had been saying that it is better for CONCACAF to have Mexico in the World Cup

Shouldn't the US have laid down, though? I get the feeling if the roles were reversed Mexico would've lost 10-0 just to keep us out of the World Cup...

And take this for what it is worth - but all week the US players had been saying that it is better for CONCACAF to have Mexico in the World Cup

I went in with this mindset, though I immediately was laughing my ass off when it looked like Mexico was not going to qualify. As much of a train wreck as El Tri were during qualifying, there is still enough talent there to get shit righted before Brazil next summer (especially if they get Vela back on board). 

US ranked #13 by FIFA, which means they won't get one of the top seeds in Brazil.  

My dad was thrilled (and more than a little worried) when I told him his native land, Colombia, was ranked #4.

Miguel Herrera expected to be named the new Mexican National Team head coach for their playoff series against New Zealand. When Herrera found out the news, this was his reaction:

Posted Image

Followed by his reaction just over a month from now:

Posted Image

• Like 2