DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Guest The Magnificent 7

Congrats to Germany and Reise and the other German dudes here.  Thought it was a pretty even match, but Germany shaded it at the end with a nice goal from Goetze. 

There will be a silly narrative about Messi coming out of this World Cup.  He actually had a pretty good match, but many of his teammates looked like they weren't on his wavelength.  The Germans did a magnificent job of denying him the ball. 

Those that think he played badly have never kicked a ball before or are addicted to the current sports narrative disease. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

I also am thinking of my neighbors growing up who were German and really first exposed me to the coolness of the sport, watching the German World Cup matches at their house.  So where ever you are, Mr. Kramer, I hope you have that huge ass stein in your hand laughing that huge laugh of yours right now. 

It amuses me that a dude called Erotic Terrorist liked that post.

One or two matches here and there aside, it was a legit great World Cup. From Van Persie's belly flop header against the Spaniards to the English getting shit on to Brazil's national anthem to James Rodriguez to Costa Rica/Algeria/even the USA contributing to a fun as fuck match with Belgium to Wee Gordan Strachan hitting the nail on the head with his statement on morality in football:

But especially, more than anything else, THAT 7-1, a match which shook up the world and where you felt you were witnessing something legitimately all time memorable and historic that will live in the memory when we're all old as fuck.

Luis Suarez also bit another dude but fuck him for trying to make the World Cup about him and his teeth,

Congrats to the Germans. Overall, worthy winners. 

• Like 1

Luis Suarez also bit another dude but fuck him for trying to make the World Cup about him and his teeth

They showed a pretty good highlights package at the end today and of course Suarez's bite was in there. I actually became angry at the guy, because he had the chance to do something special at this tournament, but instead that's all he'll be remembered for. What a waste.

I don't think anybody has pointed this out, but Brazil must have the worst trained ball boys in the world. I think in every game there was a moment where there were two balls on the pitch at the same time. Terrible ball control for Brazilians.

There's a like button, why isn't there a dickhead button?

56 Games watched in 32 Days, Football bloody hell!

It's been a lot of fun and had lots of drama but for me the quality hasn't been the best. A lot of average teams, bad strikers and poor defences. Loved watching Colombia, Chile (both of who should have knocked Brazil out) and at times Mexico. Disappointed in Italy and even though they made the final Argentina.

Biggest memories will be the shock of Germany beating Brazil 7-1, Holland beating Spain 5-1, Costa Rica taking Holland all the way, Algeria scaring Germany, the crazy Belgium vs Howard match and Colombia's counter attacks.

Very happy to see Germany win, they were the best team with several of the best players of the tournament. they've been one of the best sides of the last 8 years and deserved to finally win the big one.

Messi Player of the tournament? ridiculous.

Rihanna LOVED the final

BsdT-fSCQAAzfAl.jpg

My team of the tournament (shows the lack of good strikers)

-------------------Navas----------------------

Lahm--------Hummels--Vlaar---------Blind

------------------Mascherano----------------

----Schweinsteiger-----------Kroos---------

---------------Hamez Rodriguez-------------

----------- Robben----Thomas Muller-------

• Like 1

Reise and Moe, congratulations! You guys had the best team, really deserved the victory. At some point during the game I was worried about an Argentina-win, which would mean this great World Cup would have ended with not so great champion, but thank God for Goetze.

Still, I'm a bit frustrated about the ref. It's the biggest game in the world, the largest event in the world, and the ref's poor judgment has probably played a crucial part in the game. Goalline technology is great and all, but this bullshit where the entire world can see what's up within seconds while the one making the decisions has to make a split second decision based on a very limited point of view has to end. Other sports have proven the instant replay can be used with great results, but football hasn't gotten there yet it seems.

But that shouldn't be the story, this was a great world cup with the best team winning in the end. Let's hope this German victory will once again show managers you can play exciting games and still win.