DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Lazaros has actually looked pretty decent for Greece today. At least he's really quick, gives them some life on the counter.

Slow clap.

I've been waiting hours for my daily likes to roll over but I'm tired of it so instead I respond in picture form.

luis-suarez_epa_2626180b.jpg

• Like 2

The Uruguyans know who to blame in the Luis Suarez thing..

The British Press.. 

Wait, what????

Yup. Here's a sampling of response:

A heated exchange with (Uruguay manager) Tabarez in his news conference ended with him claiming this was nothing more than a conspiracy against Suarez led by the British media. One Uruguayan journalist actually stood up and applauded Tabarez's answer.

again from Tabarez

"this is a football World Cup - it's not about morality, cheap morality".

Yo Tabarez, stop talking already. 

"As we say in Uruguay, there are people who are hiding behind a tree waiting for someone to make a mistake. Suarez, despite mistakes he might have made, is a target of certain media, of press."

and..

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano said: "You couldn't have seen it because nothing happened. The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. As a man, he disappointed me totally."

I've already lost whatever outrage I had.  I mean, Suarez thing is goofy and bizarre and embarrassing but wasn't even the worst thing in the match in terms of damage done.

If you had to choose which move to take between Suarez George-Steele-ing your shoulder or Balotelli's flyin'-Bryan knee to your head...which would you take?

The non-concussed you would at least be able to find your way through the shop to buy some polysporin for your shoulder.

The upcoming timeline

FIFA asked the team to present evidence, which can include video recordings, by 5 p.m. local time Wednesday. A decision must be published before Saturday, when Uruguay plays Colombia in a round-of-16 match at Maracana stadium.

Suarez needs to be banned for more than just internationals, but he won't be. I'd ban him for at least a year, three times biting other people during football matches is ridiculous.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this. Wow at the Uruguayan coach, that is really ridiculous and Lugano´s behaviour is downright embarassing. I guess the ban from the rest of the World Cup and a ban for the first 10 qualifiers is too much to ask for, isn´t it?

Meanwhile, in the German camp, Loew acts like the most oblivious idiot towards people pointing out Lahm is a major weak link at CDM. He claims people appraised Lahm´s work in the opener against Portugal as "good work" and now after only one bad game start to knock the poor guy. Sorry, Herr Loew, but everyone I know pointed out how incredibly lucky we were not to conceede within the first 10 minutes because of our skipper and how we seemed like a major weak link playing that position.

I really defended Loew over years and years, but him sticking to his weird experiments and playing players out of position just because is really getting out of hand. He will probably stick to the "cattenaccio of giants" at the back against the US aswell despite the fact that it - combined with what is essentially three center forwards up front - robbs us of any good offensive play on the wings. At least throw in Podolski and Schuerrle on left and right, or throw Mueller on the right wing and use someone else in the middle Seriously, the German manager has me fuming this tournament. Even with our "not-that-great" pre-tournament form we have the player-material to NOT play 4 Center Backs, 3 Center Mids and 3 Center forwards all tournament.

I've already lost whatever outrage I had.  I mean, Suarez thing is goofy and bizarre and embarrassing but wasn't even the worst thing in the match in terms of damage done.

If you had to choose which move to take between Suarez George-Steele-ing your shoulder or Balotelli's flyin'-Bryan knee to your head...which would you take?

The non-concussed you would at least be able to find your way through the shop to buy some polysporin for your shoulder.

Balotelli was reckless, but he was attempting to Boma Ye the BALL. What's Suarez's reasoning?

That matchday in Group F had 9 goals, the other two before had 5. Kudos to all the teams for putting up such fun games today. Messi is great, Di Maria was not too shabby either, but outside of those two, there´s not much to write home about regarding Argentina.

Nobody else watching today? Like Reise said, both games this morning were fun (though I concentrated on the Argentina-Nigeria match mostly) 2 goals in 5 minutes in the 1st half, and then 2 goals in 5 minutes in the 2nd half.

Also, where is the guy who said Messi was having a bad tournament because he only had 2 goals in 2 games? Presumably, now that he's got 4 goals in 3 games, he'll get some respect?

• Like 1