DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Russia v Belgium is the first match I have watched for a few days.  Not the most exciting game so far, Belgium's line up is filled with talent.

The Russian team would be better if they had Lana cut a pre-match promo and show a picture of Putin in the jumbotron.

Dear USA,

please draw or beat Portugal.

Regards,

A fearful German

This Belgium vs Russia match came alive during the last few minutes, which is good, since it was the drizzling shite before.

For 82 or so minutes Belgium looked every bit like a team that knew they only needed a tie and boy was it a snoozer, almost literally.  Toughest viewing for me since JPN vs GRE

• Like 1

Dear USA,

please draw or beat Portugal.

Regards,

A fearful German

This Belgium vs Russia match came alive during the last few minutes, which is good, since it was the drizzling shite before.

For 82 or so minutes Belgium looked every bit like a team that knew they only needed a tie and boy was it a snoozer, almost literally.  Toughest viewing for me since JPN vs GRE

That analysis is spot on I´d say.

Winning it is essential for a successful campaign, Belgium wasn´t very convincing, but a win is a win and winning is progression.

If we even qualify for RotL16, I´m not even sure if I´d rather win the group and play Algeria or become runners up and play Belgium. Maybe Russia can somehow get a goal Against Algeria and progress on four points? Well, as said before, if we manage to not mess up and advance ...