DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Klose on the pitch for a fucking minutes and ties it ughh

If you want what is best for the US chances of advancement - then Germany getting 3 points is best option.

So no ugh

Klose on the pitch for a fucking minutes and ties it ughh

If you want what is best for the US chances of advancement - then Germany getting 3 points is best option.

So no ugh

Wouldn't mind advancing and NOT getting Belgium, while we're at it.

Just depends on what we can get from Portugal.

It is still so weird that Hristo is working for Univision

And Michael Ballack is a year younger than me but looks like he is 15 years younger

I know I´m going to get a "Oh no you didn´t!" for this, but... that was klose.

My perspective: Seriously, though, we had some good chances - despite a lot of terrible errors - to win this. If Ghana ever learn how to play a five or four on two, we would have lost that game from OUR corner kick in the 90th minute. Hoewedes prooved to be to slow. Phillip Lahm had the second bad performance in the cup and this time his crappy vision turned against us and nearly cost us the game. The "four-CB-idea" is a good alternative for the fitting opposition, it didn´t work well against Ghana though. If this was our ceiling, we will be lucky if we beat or draw USA, tbh.

Question for you guys: I honestly would like to know if some of you saw positive aspects of our game. It is really hard, when you are invested, to judge properly. I thought that, in the first half, Oezil was actually the guy at least creating something up front. Goetze looked horrible at the start of the second half, then scored a goal out of nowhere and for some reason won man of the match. The German pundits talked about the second half as if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I thought it might have been entertaining (not for me, I was suffeing through and through), but it was a real torture for me. How was it in the Neutral´s eye?

I felt Ghana controlled the pace but blew a lot of opportunities. Germany didn't create as many quality chances but when they did were definitely the more crisp out of the two.

Question: Do teams have to take 3 keepers? It seems like a waste of a roster spot.

They do. I think there were a few instances were teams tried to sneak in a 20th (in the days of the 22-men-rosters) or 21st player for the field into the squads, which lead to the "3-keeper-rule" being firmly installed. I don´t really know when it happened. The early World Cups often had defenders as second goalies and only one official GK between the sticks.

Bosnia gets robbed of a really nice Dzeko goal. Just as the refereeing seemed to improve.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Every time the camera shows Jogi Löw, he seems to picking or fiddling with his nose.  Christoph Daum v2?

Tradition.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I crunched the numbers and there's a 100% chance I don't give a fuck what Nate Silver thinks about soccer and the percent chances of team ________ advancing.