DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Guest The Magnificent 7

Iran played so much better than Argentina. Despite the extra time game winning goal, Messi again has put on another underwhelming NT performance as he did at the last WC and in the CA and he hasn't lived up to the hype as the best player in the world when playing for La Albiceleste.

Same can be said for CR7 too.

Messi has two game winning goals in two matches this World Cup.  Both have been utter class. 

It's the group stage and Argentina have 6 points out of 6. 

Match winner = Messi.  You can't dress it up any other way and he is the best player in the world. 

The Argies will play better as the tournament goes on.  But acting like he's been anonymous or something is ridiculous.

And how did Iran player better?  30% possession, outshot 19-8.  They did their job, disrupt and all that, but it sure wasn't better.  Nor pretty.  I hope they go away. 

Guest Edwin

I never said he was anonymous, but he and Ronaldo have been so great for their respective La Liga teams that they've set the bar extremely high for themselves and them not living up to the hype is what's currently happening.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I never said he was anonymous, but he and Ronaldo have been so great for their respective La Liga teams that they've set the bar extremely high for themselves and them not living up to the hype is what's currently happening.

He's living up to the hype right now.  Two matches, two stunning game winners.  What more do you want? 

Dominating a match from start to finish in this day and age with the way teams like Iran set up to stop one particular player?  Have a go at Higuain or Aguero, who have been MIA, but Messi has had an excellent tournament thus far.  Match winner.