DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Fuck - Ancestral countries

I stopped rooting for Italy a long time ago.

Of course - it does mean that Ireland torments me so

I will never blame you or anyone else for not cheering for Italy. :)

Well this game just changed quickly. If the Swiss keeper didn't get a hand on Giroud's goal, I think the defender guarding the post heads it away.

It looked to me on the replay like that was a comedy of errors. Defender on the line both got in the way of the goalkeeper yet also managed to get out of the way of the ball while it goes in the net.

Try being a scotland fan rippa...

one the one hand you've got the eternal depression from not being good enough to get out of the first round.

On the other - the english get gubbed, we're quite literally laughing.

Pah, try supporting Wales. I'm 32, and the last time we qualified for anything was 24 years before I was born.

Agreed. Dutch teams of the '80s and '90s were fantastic but I don't like their current crop of d-bags.

This game is wide open and you feel like the Swiss will pull at least one back. Shaqira is so much fun to watch. He's wider than he is tall and is a bundle of energy and talent. Rico Rodriguez was in a tough spot for the Olly Olly Olly Garood goal as would have had to go through Benaglio to get at the ball.

Never mind, this one's over. Game fucking on!

I think he was pointing out that a bunch of Americans yelling "CONCACAF" whenever a team from the Confederation wins a game is ridiculous. Much like when college football fans start chanting their conference name instead of cheering for their own team when they win.

I'd compare it to a fan of a mid-major conference team in NCAA football or basketball cheering on another small school sticking it to a top team from a power conference.

The ball is bigger than Valbuena is, it's like he's playing football with an exercise ball. 

Dude I know swore blind Spain would go out in the group stages and France would win the World Cup. I dismissed him as a raving lunatic and punched him in the testicles, shows what I know. I know it's not the most difficult group but they're looking good.

I was digging Costa Rica already but then I heard Wanchope was their assistant manager and they're now my new favourite team.

Speaking of Italy-Costa Rica, Gary Lineker wore an Italy shirt throughout it but then had taken it off by full time. It was both tragic and hilarious. 

I would never have thought that two assists from Gerrard could bring such joy this season. Strangely, no scapegoats yet for a country that's been moaning about ifs and buts and maybes for 50 years and singling out shit like Ronaldo's eyelid for costing them tournaments. There's a weird positivity in a couple of articles I've read, I'm not sure if it's because Hodgson has pals in the press or some shit but, I dunno, was there any cause for optimism for England coming out of this World Cup?

Uruguay were kinda average too but Uruguay have Suarez and England don't and an 80% fit Suarez dicks all over any English player.