DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Gah! Pepe! What a stupid thing to do. What a needlessly stupid thing to do.

You should know better than most that's exactly what he does, though. He's a great centre back but has the mind of a child sometimes.

The interplay of the Germans in the final third is great. Their defending isn't great, but hopefully Schweini can slot into CM and Lahm can move to left back for the rest of the tournament. Or is Lahm, DM, the plan for the whole way through?

Meireles totally drinks from mason jars, doesn't he?

This game actually is doing a lot of positive things for the US.  Actually makes 4 points to get out of groups feesible.  At least if this scoreline holds, or if Germany can pop another goal or two in.  But they look to have it in freeze mode now.

Oh, of course I know the levels of stupidity Pepe can go to like when he received the 10 match ban for what can only be called assault. But I am always hopeful he will eventually tone it down but alas. Portugal are having quite the disaster today though from Almeida's dive injury, Pepe's insanity and now Coentrao's injury. Germany have been excellent and looking like this may be the tournament they live up to all the potential shown in these past few tournaments.

I'm not getting how this helps the USA, their task remains the same: beat Ghana at all costs. If anything this will make things a little more difficult for you vs. Portugal now because they have to win both of their last games to have any hope of staying in the competition.

The best that can come of it is that Germany go on to thump Ghana in their second game and then play a second string XI in their third game against US or else take that one easy and allow you to sneak a draw with them.

But it all depends on USA getting a win tonight.

I'm not getting how this helps the USA, their task remains the same: beat Ghana at all costs. If anything this will make things a little more difficult for you vs. Portugal now because they have to win both of their last games to have any hope of staying in the competition.

The best that can come of it is that Germany go on to thump Ghana in their second game and then play a second string XI in their third game against US or else take that one easy and allow you to sneak a draw with them.

But it all depends on USA getting a win tonight.

US beats Ghana tonight, they get a wounded Portugal in 6 days, who are now at a -4 GD.  They manage to Draw that, and its a matter of parking the bus against Germany and not losing by more than 1, depending on how much we squeak by Ghana with and now much a more together Portugal beats Ghana by.  Its not Germany beating Portugal that's helping us with groups, its beating them by 4 goals and Pepe being an idiot.

OH! and there are those that are assuming that German beats Ghana comfortably and thus clinching their spot and thus rest folks against the US

So if you buy into that theory - Germany winning today also helps the US

I was pretty confident that the U.S. had a better team then Portugal going in, and of course believe that now. Ghana will not be easy, but I expect three points there and three points against Portugal Sunday. I hope that Germany has a let down and drops points against Ghana, and then the U.S. can manage a 2-2 type draw to win the group. Klinsmann's honesty fueled the idiotic American sports media and has overshadowed the strong form that the U.S. has shown over the last two years.

Who had Nigeria-Iran as 1st draw of the World Cup? This is the drizzlers. 

Based on my posting thus far in this thread, watch this finish 4-3.

Why am I such a twatface that I think using 'Moves like Dejagah' about the Iran/Fulham dude is HYSTERICAL? The answer is because I'm a twatface.

The Argies going all nWo and shit and invading the Maracana last night was tremendous, them and Brazil in the final would be pretty much insane.

• Like 1

So I listed to the last 30 minutes of Nigera/Iran on the radio on the way home.

I swear that the announcers were touching themselves inappropriately over the backline play of Iran

And there is a clip where someone put together how many times Mike & Mike ID themselves on a show - well Mark Donaldson must have that and thought I MUST DO THAT!!!

SIX FUCKING TIMES!!! in 30 minutes

I AM MARK DONALDSON WITH PAUL MARINER!!! ON ESPN!!!! ESPN!!! ESPN!!! DONALDSON! MARINER!