DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Bottom line, he shouldn't have said it the way he did but I don't really care about it myself. However, it's his job to get this squad out of the group stage. Anything less than that is going to be looked at as a failure and it should be.

Have you not seen their group? There's really no shame in finishing fourth in that group. Unless you're Germany. Or Portugal. Or maybe Ghana.

I've seen the group. I didn't say it will be easy but they CAN beat Ghana and they CAN find a way to get another point out of Germany/Portugal. To act like it's over before it's even started is crazy..

I guess we could be England. Super powerhouse without the results. :)

Your best case scenario has them getting 4 points.  That is no guarantee to progress out of the group.  So if they achieve your best case scenario and still don't progress-- is it still a failure?

Klinsmann is a clumsy doof.  The "we're a huge underdog thing" is so easy to pull off.  Every other manager in every football league pulls it off every week.  You just memorize this phrase:

"It is very difficult for us."

How hard is that?  "Yes, expectations are high, but our group was an unlucky draw.  It is very difficult for us.  We are a strong side but Germany and Portugal are seen as favourites and it will take a great triumph for us to pull past them.  Even Ghana has defeated us.  Any team could see themselves out in this group.  But we are ready and we will fight."

I don't even get Sky and I can do this.  Jesus.

• Like 1

Ummm... is ESPN's feed fucked?

I walked into our training room where I had the TV on and I am only getting audio no picture.

(All the other channels are working fine)

So, our tournament is finally starting aswell. Been worried more and more over the days to be honest. Hope I will get proven wrong and that the team puts up a good performance, but we have some certain issues. The false nine system is - in theory - very fitting for our squad, but somehow whenever we played with that we sucked horribly at it. Boateng and Hoewedes will be our fullbacks which is an insane weakpoint and I can totally see us getting wrecked on the wings. Apparently it will be Mueller, Oezil and Podolski up front. That would make Oezil the false nine, whom I can´t see getting past his former teammate Pepe. Our system looks kind of weird in general, it seems we are going to play Lahm as a defensive mid right in front of the defensive line, then Khedira (who is defensive mid aswell) and Kroos (who has recently played on the same position Lahm and Khedira are at right now).

I have a really bad feeling it is going to suck being a German footie fan today.

Additional EDIT: Today´s match marks the 100th World Cup game for a German national squad. Happy Gameversary I´d guess.

LOL

I'm happy for you though dude, love Germany.