DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Wait a minute, I don´t hear any bees! This can´t be right!

Also, my feelings regarding the German campaign grow worse and worse every day. As of now I have a tough time imagine us making it out of the group stages.

This is going to be fun anyways, but i´m far from hyped.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Brazil can't play with this slow pace throughout the tournament.  They aren't getting much running off the ball right now, and if they are going to rely on individual brilliance the whole tournament they won't be winning it. 

Brazil can't play with this slow pace throughout the tournament.  They aren't getting much running off the ball right now, and if they are going to rely on individual brilliance the whole tournament they won't be winning it. 

Their midfield seems to be picking up the pace as the half wears on. Croatia really struggling in that area to keep up now.

• Like 1

That was a really entertaining 1st half! I was sad Marcelo scored the own goal for club reasons but it was great for a shock opening goal for the match and the tournament. Seemed to not only wake up Brazil but inject more energy into the half. Brazil definitely seem the more likely to crack this open with more goals. I can see Croatia collapsing defensively/mentally if Brazil scores another goal and the floodgates could open after that. Fun half! Hope the 2nd half is as fun as this one.

The mythical free-flowing, all-out attack Brazil hyped up by the media really hasn't really shown up too much against decent sides since 1986, despite romantic assertions to contrary.  They've been increasingly pragmatic since 1990, despite the wealth of brilliant stars in their various lineups over the years.