DVDVR Message Board

Digital Comics Sales and Discussion Thread

blitzkrieg

14 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The insane discussion of it on Wait What makes me really want to buy Starbrand in that sale...

Speaking of, does anyone have any lesser known recommendations.  I've had a fairly hard time finding stuff I wanted to read that isn't included on Comixology Unlimited or already in my collection.  

The Marvel sale is insane. I managed to get the entire Loki run up to Secret Wars (Journey Into Mystery (including Thor and New Mutants crossovers), Young Avengers v2, Loki: Agent of Asgard) for $23.40.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Gotta recommend Transformers More than Meets the Eye and the fucking loco Tom Scioli TF vs GI Joe again.

Even better than getting Transformers More than Meets the Eye on sale is that the first 5 TPBs are free on Comixology Unlimited...and the first TPB of TF vs. GI Joe is as well.

Both have been borrowed and downloaded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Marvel has a 99 cent recent collections sale on Comixology right now. Limited selection but even cheaper than the Amazon sales. Vision is included so if you haven't heeded us yet, you can get the whole series for $1 USD right now.

AcclaimedGlassHydra-max-1mb.gif

Things I did not know had been recently collected and I now own:

Strikeforce Morituri (sadly only v2-3 are covered by the sale, but I already had 1-13 in digital singles from when they were first dumped)

The New Defenders

X-Men: The Muir Island Saga (contained in the Mutant Genesis epic collection)

I knew Panther's Quest was out but didn't have it yet

And between getting those for $.84 each and the Southern Bastards sale over the weekend, I've probably paid for my Comixology Unlimited this month (at least after counting in the IDW and Marvel stuff on my auto-subscribe list)

So when I downloaded the Comixology app to read my cheesy horror comics it I guess signed me up for a trial of Comixology Unlimted.

Is it worth it to keep it for awhile?  Or is it just a teaser thing where it lets you read one or two issues and then you have to buy the rest?

39 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So when I downloaded the Comixology app to read my cheesy horror comics it I guess signed me up for a trial of Comixology Unlimted.

Is it worth it to keep it for awhile?  Or is it just a teaser thing where it lets you read one or two issues and then you have to buy the rest?

I think mostly you get a lot of vol 1 collections