DVDVR Message Board

Digital Comics Sales and Discussion Thread

blitzkrieg

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Are brick and mortar stores freaking out over this?

Meh? Digital audience is pretty different from the Wednesday crowd. A lot of people read both ways too. And as noted, a lot of this stuff is already on Unlimited or will be. Won't really have a more impact than a given Comixology sale.

2 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Digital base price is way lower since the majority of the cost is making those things ridiculously huge.

They still list the price as $200. But either way, it's well over 700 pages for $5.

• Like 1

I got both volumes of Gwenpool, all the Moore and Gaiman Miracleman, all 4 Alias, New Mutants Epic Collection, Deadpool Adamantium, X-Men Adamantium, X-Men Second Genesis Epic Collections, the 4 DnA GOTG Vols, the first two PAD Hulk Visionaries, two PAD Hulk epic collection, Planet Hulk Prelude, Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk. Right now I have $45 in Amazon gift cards coming from Swagbucks, if they show up before the sale ends...

I want to get Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Annihilation. Matt recommend Silk....

• Like 1

Hickman's FF was great...

I also want to get Ultimates/Ultimates 2 (the original by Millar) just because it's still an all-time favorite... This really is the most insane sale.

I almost bought the entire Hickman Avengers run >_>

Settled for the Vision thing everyone talks up, got tossed an amazon credit for a free digital TPB from a list of 100 so I picked up the big collection of some of Priest's Black Panther run.

And yes, Hickman's FF run was exceptional.

• Like 1

Added all of the Millar/Hitch Ultimates, both vols of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, three of Silk, all three books in Annihilation, and the Death of Captain Marvel gn.

I wonder how long this will go...

• 2 weeks later...

I should REALLY have mentioned this sooner, but you've got til 2p Eastern to buy the Humble Eisner Nominee Bundle.  I am not cosmopolitan enough to recognize everything in it, but it's got Faith and Bloodshot, Love Is Love, and a ton of Image, Dark Horse and lower-tier indie stuff I'm not familiar enough with to talk about. Shame PDF is such an arse format to read comics in, but I bought in anyway.

Kramer's Ergot 9 is in the $15 tier and that's $30 digital alone so if indie stuff is your thing, it's a steal.

A lot of the stuff I'm interested in I own already or have read and given money is tight rn and I'm hit or miss with indie comics of the sort that's in here I may pass. But Faith and Jughead are both real good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...