DVDVR Message Board

Digital Comics Sales and Discussion Thread

blitzkrieg

For anyone who's still on the fence about the Walking Dead bundle, they've just added the second TPBs of Super Dinosaur and Invincible and the first TPBs of Clone and Manifest Destiny.

Everyone who already bought the bundle can download them as well.

I highly recommend Manifest Destiny

Has anyone ever "sideloaded" the Marvel Unlimited App on a Kindle Fire?  I like the Kindle Fire HD (price and specs) but have noticed the Marvel Unlimited App is not in the Android For Amazon Store

I tried this past weekend and could not get it to actually run, perhaps someone else may have had better luck though.

I really want a Kindle Fire (especially at the price).  I was hoping someone had sideloaded the Narvel App on here.  Seems to be a lot of tutorials and it seems like it can be done.  Just wondered if it had been done.

How easy is it to install Flash on a Kindle or tablet?  I am really debating getting one of these 3 tablets, mainly for E-reading and these are the cheapest ones that didn't seem to run like crap.  I am looking at a Kindle HD, an Acer Iconia One, and an HP Plus 7.  $129, $129, and 95 respectively.  Looking for an entry level tablet mainly for e-reading and some comics, which can be done through the Kindle and Marvel Unlimited apps on the latter 2

I really hope that that Humble sale includes Hypernaturals when the halfway point hits and they add more stuff to the green tier. I've been wanting to finish reading it for ages, but keep not-quite getting round to it. (Loved the first half, but had an unexpected financial hit around #6 and keep meaning to go back and get the rest and don't.)

Comixology Sale Catch Up:  Vol. 1 through 12 of DMZ(Ends 8/12/14), all of the DnA Nova series and first 10 issues of the new series(Ends 5/8/14), and a 50% off TMNT sale(ends 8/11/14).

My tablet has come in and I went ahead and signed up for Marvel Unlimited.  This may be dangerous lol

Just wondering, and possibly as future reference for others, what tablet did you end up going with?

Comixology Sale Catch Up:  Vol. 1 through 12 of DMZ(Ends 8/12/14), all of the DnA Nova series and first 10 issues of the new series(Ends 5/8/14), and a 50% off TMNT sale(ends 8/11/14).

My tablet has come in and I went ahead and signed up for Marvel Unlimited.  This may be dangerous lol

Just wondering, and possibly as future reference for others, what tablet did you end up going with?

I ended up getting an HP Plus 7.  I enjoy it for what it is, a great little E-reader with some functionality and right at $100

I love Marvel Unlimited, I am blazing through Superior Spider Man (playing catch up mostly) but I am going to take a trip down memory lane very soon with Kraven's Last Hunt and Squadron Supreme

• 4 weeks later...

Notable sales: Comixology is having a Nu 52 Sale with all the Zero Month issues and Villains Month issues for 99 cents and Image is having a Back to School Sale which has all of the issues of Morning Glories to date, plus Deadly Class and Five Weapons. Bit of warning, the Morning Glories trades are more than likely more expensive than the single issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Second wave of the Valiant Bundle is up. It's v3 of stuff that was already in up to v2 (Archer, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Q&W, Shadowman and X-O). I haven't decided whether to buy it or not, because I already have about 85 percent of the 'modern' stuff. I've never read any of the VH1 stuff (I started with the 96 reboot) so I don't know that much about the quality of the 91-94 VU comics in the $15 blue tier. Realistically I'll probably end up snagging it ont he last day; in the meantime I would recommend that anyone with at least $10.04 (as of now, to get the green tier) and an interest in a new shared universe check it out.

New Humble Bundle is Oni Comics, including the first two Volumes of the colored versions of Scott Pilgrim in the highest tier.

I hope they add some good stuff in the second week. I admittedly don't know anything in there apart from the O'Malley stuff and The Sixth Gun.

• Like 1

New Humble Bundle is Oni Comics, including the first two Volumes of the colored versions of Scott Pilgrim in the highest tier.

I hope they add some good stuff in the second week. I admittedly don't know anything in there apart from the O'Malley stuff and The Sixth Gun.

The Bunker by Joshua Halle Fialkov is suppose to be a pretty good digital series, and it's available in the bundle.

"In The Bunker, five friends gather in the woods to bury a time capsule and instead discover an underground bunker. Inside are letters addressed to each of them, written in their own handwriting by people claiming to be their future selves. The letters tell them of the pending end of life as we know it, and that it will be all their fault."

Source:  http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/08/12/trillium-and-the-bunker-are-time-travel-comics-about-the-present/

• Like 1