DVDVR Message Board

Background information for two Lucha matches?

Liam

26-11-99 EMLL Cibernetico

18-04-97 CMLL Cibernetico

I've got both of these matches in a pack of some random Lucha - firstly, I was wondering who comprised the teams for each of the matches?

Secondly, is there any feud information that would be useful to know heading into the matches? Due to the nature of the matches, I'd assume they were the culmination of some feuds/angles/ I'd rather watch with some background information to understand fully what is going on.

I would Google/search for it myself, but don't really want the match spoiled, as I literally have no idea who comes out on top.

Thanks in advance.

4/18/97 Cibernetico:

Negro Casas/Atlantis/Ultimo Dragon/El Dandy/Mascara Magica/Shocker/La Fiera/Brazo De Oro

vs.

El Hijo del Santo/Dr. Wagner, Jr./Felino/Scorpio, Jr./Black Warrior/Kevin Quinn/Satanico/Silver King

One of my favorite lucha matches ever, with a bunch of ongoing angles and a beautiful storyline at the end.

4/18/97 Cibernetico:

Negro Casas/Atlantis/Ultimo Dragon/El Dandy/Mascara Magica/Shocker/La Fiera/Brazo De Oro

vs.

El Hijo del Santo/Dr. Wagner, Jr./Felino/Scorpio, Jr./Black Warrior/Kevin Quinn/Satanico/Silver King

One of my favorite lucha matches ever, with a bunch of ongoing angles and a beautiful storyline at the end.

Brilliant, thanks for that information. Any major angle information that is worth knowing?

Santo vs Negro Casas, Shocker/Black Warrior and (I think) Silver King vs Fiera are the big ones. You also have the story of brothers on opposite teams (Negro/Felino) and the one of Kevin Quinn asking everyone "Seriously, how the fuck did I get into this match?" One of these is a lie.

El Hijo del Santo/Antifaz del Norte/Olimpico/Tarzan Boy/Tony Rivera/Felino/Negro Casas/Emilio Charles Jr. vs. Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero/Black Warrior/Satanico/Bestia Salvaje/Blue Panther/Fuerza Guerrera/Zumbido (CMLL 11/26/99 - 16 Man Cibernetico)

Both Ciberneticos made the Best of the 90s results 

El Hijo del Santo/Antifaz del Norte/Olimpico/Tarzan Boy/Tony Rivera/Felino/Negro Casas/Emilio Charles Jr. vs. Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero/Black Warrior/Satanico/Bestia Salvaje/Blue Panther/Fuerza Guerrera/Zumbido (CMLL 11/26/99 - 16 Man Cibernetico)

Both Ciberneticos made the Best of the 90s results 

It's the second ever Leyenda de Plata tournament - the winner faces Scorpio Jr. the following week for the trophy, so it's just generally a annual prestigious competition everyone is invited into. The very unofficial idea was that they'd pick the 16 best workers (or 16 of the best workers) for this match.

Hijo del Santo lost to Scorpio in the final last year (and, obviously, it's the tournament that honors his father.) Santo and Negro Casas - eternal rivals who made peace on the tecnico side in 1998 - have been feuding off and on with Scorpio and Bestia Salvaje since last year's tournament, including Santo & Casas taking Scorpio's mask and Bestia's hair at one of the big shows of the year.