DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Saints Trainning camp at The Greenbrier was amazing.  Though the Greenbrier looks like they could have shot The Shining there.  Highlight of the day was talking to Luke McCown about the sibling rivalry between him and his brother Josh now being in the same division.

• Like 1

The Colts release Chris Rainey due to a violation of team rules.

So basically if you play running back right now - the Colts might be giving you a call

Ho-lee-shit. It would never happen, but Beast Mode with the Colts would be soooooooooooo awesome.

If the Hawks cut him, the Colts should totally give him a massive 5-year deal.

*grabs hold of that rug*

I'll never quite live down saying how great the Richardson trade was.

I said it was great, too. Of course, I meant it was great for the Browns...
  • Like 1

Ho-lee-shit. It would never happen, but Beast Mode with the Colts would be soooooooooooo awesome.

If the Hawks cut him, the Colts should totally give him a massive 5-year deal.

*grabs hold of that rug*

I'm the one Colts-only fan around here.  I'm laying on the rug, and I'm fat.  You won't get the best of me, Lion Cub!

On ESPN earlier today, Douchebag Herm Edwards talked about Larry Johnson being suspended by him for 3games and then by the league for 1 game - for throwing a drink on a woman. Chris Kendry pointed out the obvious "wait, he got a game from the league for a drink and Rice gets 2..." Edwards then went off, reminding everybody that the Ravens and John Harbaugh could punish Ray if they wanted. Kendry then asked Edwards if he was faulting Harbaugh for not punishing Rice. Herm must have pulled three muscles contorting himself into not blasting Harbaugh.

This can't stand right?  I think he should have been suspended for the season, but after you tell him he's suspended for two games, how can they legally double it just because people complained?  The NFL better be glad their product is so good, because these people are fucking dumb at best and diabolical super villains at worst.  They don't care that Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee, they care that we care that Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee, and they don't really care that much about that.   

• Like 1

Now what he meant by doubled down.

They are defending their decision and dismissing the very notion it's not a serious punishment, not doubling the suspension.

Oh shit, they are even worse than I thought.  Goodell has tried to put the hammer down on so many guys for so little shit, and brings the wussy wrist slap out for this one. 

The Lions have said that they are tabling contract talks with Ndamukong Suh until after the season.

His franchise tag number next year would be $27 million. Twenty. . .seven.

He isn't going back to Detroit. Good.

The Lions have said that they are tabling contract talks with Ndamukong Suh until after the season.

His franchise tag number next year would be $27 million. Twenty. . .seven.

He isn't going back to Detroit. Good.

He's a really good talent regardless of how you feel about his style of play.

He's a guy I would definitely want on my Defensive line.  It makes me immediately more menacing.

We are coming up on the last wave of guys who got rookie deals under the old CBA, and Suh is a poster child for that.  He's really good (and quietly had a great season last year) but his cap number is absurd.