Execproducer

To all the women that Prince loved before:

Wendy?

Yes, Lisa.

Is the water warm enough?

Yes, Lisa.

Shall we begin?

Yes, Lisa..

If it is ever explained that all they're actually doing laundry instead of what I hope they are doing, I am going to be really upset.

• Like 1

I routinely humiliate myself when the DVDVR gang is playing GTA Online when I profess my undying love for Jane Child.

No guy will ever admit to playing GTA5 and going into the Vanilla Unicorn for the purpose of watching their favorite virtual stripper shake her ass to West End Girls by the Pet Shop Boys.  Fuck all haters of 80's snyth-pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGOJsOi-k5U

• Like 1

Jane Child was a member of the Blue-Eyed White Girl Soul movement in the late 1980s.  Taylor Dayne and Lisa Stansfield are the other members.  They were all good, but I found Jane to be cooler than the other two.  It was probably the pierced nose chain.

Speaking of Lisa:

I think I liked this song more:

• Like 3

That sequence takes on more once you realize Wendy & Lisa were lovers back in the day.

Yeah, they came out as a couple a few years ago.  I always thought that Jill Jones and Wendy had something going on back in the day when 1999 came out, but Jill maintains that was just for show and that her heart really belonged to Prince.

I was slow on the draw with that.  I figured they were in a menage with Prince--because really, weren't most of the women in his circle in a menage with Prince during that time? ;)

It's crazy how my still developing mind worked back then.  I could pick up on all the girls being with Prince and likely overlapping each other, but Wendy & Lisa were right there and I missed it by a long shot. Live and learn. :)

Prince also had an on-off relationship with Susan, the Lolita in Vanity 6/Apollonia 6.  Vanity came in around the time Prince was in relationships with Susan and Susannah. Susan was mentioned in the Timex Social Club hit "Rumors" as the camisole-wearing 6-foot-tall lady who'd knock you to your knees.

It was always said if a chick around Prince was on stage in her underwear, he was having sex with them. 

Speaking of Rumors/R&B bands of the day:

And one of my favorites:

• Like 2

I am fairly certain that the ubiquity of this song in 1989 resulted in Little Cliff having some really awful ideas about romance and love, and probably contributed to the creation of thousands of "Nice Guys." And yet, I will STILL sing the FUCK out of it everytime it comes on the radio or Pandora.

• Like 2

Alice survived the 80s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRFKRHa9ky0

Survived, yes (and, hell...thrived in the late-'80's pop-metal renaissance...), but I'm still not entirely certain that the "Bette Davis in 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?'" makeup was the best choice...

Still, was that an actual commercially-released video for whatever outlets existed in 1980 or just some sort of performance done for some random television show?