DVDVR Message Board

I LOVE THE 80's!!!!! Music Version.

Execproducer

The Field Mice were a British indie band from the 80s and considered one of the leaders of the "Twee As Fuck" movement. They're REALLY friggin' great. Allmusic.com describes them as sort of the bridge between The Smiths and Beat Happening. That's a pretty apt comparison. They have a lot of really great melodies and sad, lovelorn sad-sack lyrics. They were on the Sarah Records label, which was a UK equivalent to something like K Records. Sarah Records stuff sort of has a backlash because Twee can get sorta annoying -- I saw more than a few bands of lanky dudes with dumb glasses switch instruments with a girl drummer who didn't know how a kick drum worked back in the day -- but so much of it rules.

Anyways, Emma's House is one of the best songs of the Twee genre.
  • Like 1

My two favorite rock bands, both were kinda short-lived but always felt they were underrated especially Vixen. Awesome 80s music

and my all time favorite r&b artist

All 3 only put out 3 albums, each with their first in the 80s. 3 of my all time favorite artists.

Since Greggulator mentioned Italo Disco. Italian guy that looks like a young George Bush with a ridiculous falsetto. Yes

Ghosts of American Astronauts

Echo and the Bunnymen The Killing Moon

Posted a bunch of stuff in 70s thread that got a lot of play in England but not the US might as keep going

Guest The Magnificent 7

One of the most bad-ass songs of the 80's.  Loved it.  You without me is like cornflake without the milk!

Ok, two things make this next song such an incredible quintessential 80's song.  A.  the original video & song is about as 80's as it gets.  Just watch it.  The lead singer cartwheeling on stage is just one highlight.  B.  Watch the Diego video.  If you don't feel any joy watching that video and listening to that song, than we didn't want you bringing us down in the 80's anyway.  Plus, Diego was twerking back in '89.