DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-14-14

MGFanJay

I am totally behind all the Ambrose love on this board but I have the unfortunate feeling he's going to be another Daniel Bryan where he constantly shows up and does sheer awesomeness yet the morons in charge haven't deemed him "the one" so this Austin push we all want him to have only comes about after wrestling fans spend years clamoring for those dopes to give him a chance.

I think I disagree with this because 1) Ambrose isn't a little guy and 2) he was originally booked as the leader of the Shield until Reigns got more popular. So we know they're at least capable of putting a lot of faith in the guy. He'll be fine.

Rumblings have it that Rollins is fine

"Rumblings" = What Meltzer said?

Or you could use eyes to see he grabs the opposite leg you would expect him to if the injury was legit:

S7QIdO6.gif

Well Seth pulled up on the move in the ring right before getting clotheslined to the floor, it was like a moonsault off the ropes or something, and you could see him grab his knee right away.  Then sold it again when he hit the floor.

If I recall, Rollins was already selling the knee before he was sent out of the ring and the impact from the fall seemed to be on his other leg. The truth is out there. 

Supposedly folks on my Twitter feed are saying it's come out that it's just a tweak at worst and he's fine.

Or you could use eyes to see he grabs the opposite leg you would expect him to if the injury was legit:

S7QIdO6.gif

I'm sure you're aware of what non-contact ACL injuries are. It doesn't need to be something severe that results in an injury that blows out your knee. Considering he landed on both feet, he most certainly could have torn his ACL, but we would have likely known by now if that were the case. Also, if the injury weren't legit, I would think he would sell his left leg.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they know what they have in Ambrose. He's been the main force-of-nature in the company's B-feud right now. They're giving him a ton of TV time. Reigns has also stood tall at the end of every Raw since his chase for the title officially started. Just as how Daniel Bryan ended every Raw for eight months in some fashion before culminating in his title victory at WrestleMania, which was the pretty obvious end to the fairytale despite everyone's yammering.

I'm not concerned about Cesaro. He's so friggin' good. And they know it, too. He's capable of having a MOTYC in big spots. They've put him in the EC and the MITB match. You can only push so many guys at once. Reigns/Ambrose/Rollins are the new crop getting singles pushes  right now, and deservedly show -- they friggin' brought it as a six-man unit from the jump, and the reason for alliances is to create singles stars when it's time to break up the unit. They timed that perfectly, when The Shield defeated everyone and each individual finally had an established personality. Let those guys get their run for a while. Cesaro's big title push can wait a bit.

I just wish Bray was doing some more twisted f'n stuff. The feuds with Bryan and Cena had so many awesome things -- Bryan's faux-surrender leading to the biggest pop in a decade with him on top of the cage, the children's choir, the insane child at the end of the cage match. The light trick/Sister Abigail to Jericho was nice but I want them to do something horrifying to him. Bray and The Family have already established a mystique about them and they're just not using it right now. It has nothing to do with the Cena feud.

The boring chant from like 10 mooks in the crowd doesn't phase me. The entire arena gave them a gigantic "YES!" chant when The Wyatts originally attacked him to signal a feud between two all-time guys on the stick.

S7QIdO6.gif

I'm sure you're aware of what non-contact ACL injuries are. It doesn't need to be something severe that results in an injury that blows out your knee. Considering he landed on both feet, he most certainly could have torn his ACL, but we would have likely known by now if that were the case. Also, if the injury weren't legit, I would think he would sell his left leg.

No one in my timeline or anywhere else was talking about non-contact ACL injury just "I think he is really hurt."

As reported in the PWInsider.com Elite section:

*Bray Wyatt needed seven stitches to close the gash suffered when Ric Flair punched him in NYC. Wyatt's eye was blackened and swollen shut and WWE medical did a lot of work on it before Raw, draining it and using makeup so he could look presentable. Wyatt was said to be in good spirits about the entire thing as it was a scar Flair gave him in MSG. His attitude in general is really liked by the veterans of the locker room.

*Seth Rollins was 100% fine after Raw and the injury was completely scripted to remove him from the finish of the handicap match so the focus was on the competitors in the Battleground Fatal Four Way.

*Dean Ambrose had a bloody lip but beyond that he was fine following his beating on Raw. His hospital visit was just part of the show.

I was right:

VVdl5Rf.gif

• Like 2

I am totally behind all the Ambrose love on this board but I have the unfortunate feeling he's going to be another Daniel Bryan where he constantly shows up and does sheer awesomeness yet the morons in charge haven't deemed him "the one" so this Austin push we all want him to have only comes about after wrestling fans spend years clamoring for those dopes to give him a chance.

As for Cesaro, breaking him off from the Real Americans was a huge mistake. Zeb was a great mouthpiece for him and the "We The People!" stuff was over as all get out. The Heyman thing was weird. Heyman is great, Cesaro is great but just like Pringles are awesome and Nutella is awesome but Pringles dipped in Nutella are decidedly not awesome, the combination of the two just left a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

Oh no, not that horrible Daniel Bryan push!

Totally agree on the Cesaro-Real Americans thing though.  Is it too late to reunite them as a pair of singles under Zeb?  Cesaro running out to save Big Hoss from Russev could get him some face heat way pronto.

Well now we know it's a work. Who the hell booked that shit? So instead of having Ambrose make his return later on in the show, brawl with Rollins to the back (leaving the other 4 to close the show) essentially enhancing their feud with the importance it deserves. We get Rollins being a non factor and leaving it up to assumption that he's legitimately hurt and Ambrose not even appearing. I know SmackDown is the last show before Battleground and they can tie up loose ends if they wanted to, but yeah, uninspiring, lazy booking. The ability to create new stars is in the details, hell even Russo would have done something more viable than this pile of wank.

99% of the time, the WWE's biggest problem is missing the little opportunities to make new stars. If you have Ambrose come down and make the save last night, he'd be so fucking over the crowd would stop giving one shit if Bryan and Punk are gone. Even editing out the "Is that all you got" is all the replays was ridiculous. And on the Heyman thing, thinking "if he mentions Lesnar alot, the heat will roll over to Cesaro" was such a backwards way of thinking. Really, it just makes him look like Curtis Axel 2.0. If he had been paired with Lana the night after Mania instead, shit would be nuclear at this stage. Instead they give Lana to Rusev, who'll they'll get tired of eventually too. The WWE creative is so happy with just having a certain status quo and just FORCING you to have to break through in spite of their ineptitude. What other sport has ever been AGAINST creating more more stars. Just like the NBA,NFL, etc, the more recognizable faces in the company the better, there's no other logic way to go about it. The idea you need to hold do guys to not have "too many main eventers" is dumb as shit.

• Like 1

*Seth Rollins was 100% fine after Raw and the injury was completely scripted to remove him from the finish of the handicap match so the focus was on the competitors in the Battleground Fatal Four Way.

If this is true I can't believe they are so stupid as to book Ambrose/Rollins into a situation that was ripe for one of the biggest moments they've had in weeks...and then just not do it?

Take the guy who's actually the most over and the guy who's actually getting the most heat and "remove them" from the situation....because the fans are too hot for them?

Hilarious.

• Like 2

Regarding the Sting thing, keep in mind that we all got excited for Macho Man possibly getting back on TV when they had the WWE 2012 game ads coming out. Or maybe it was WWE All Stars. Not sure.