DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-14-14

MGFanJay

The fans chanted boring at a heel who's been slightly stagnant and js going up against one of the most beloved superstars of the past 10 years.

So yeah, naturally - fuck Richmond. Horrible crowd, AMIRITE?

• Like 4

Swagger is total garbage. Them turning the Tea Party guys into faces, in addition to Swagger being garbage, is total shit. Lana is great, though.

Cesaro is badass but he never had an identity. He'll figure it out.

Bray/Jericho is fantastic, screw you guys. And Bray does need to switch up those promos, they are getting boring. Especially when you're at a live show watching the shit on a screen.

Punk's contract ended this month, right? With all these injuries, that motherfucker could probably really cash in. Couldn't tell if that Network special is them milking what's left, a plea to come back or both. Noticed a lack of past tense in that thing.

I hope if Rollins is injured he uses the time off to come up with a finisher that doesn't rely on his opponents helpfully getting onto all fours for him.

And I fail to see how it's WWE's fault that Barrett keeps using the several opportunities he's had to go and get himself injured.

I hope if Rollins is injured he uses the time off to come up with a finisher that doesn't rely on his opponents helpfully getting onto all fours for him.

And I fail to see how it's WWE's fault that Barrett keeps using the several opportunities he's had to go and get himself injured.

The elbow injury in the battle royal and the current shoulder injury are both freak injuries that cannot be blamed on Barrett. 

And goofy Tea Party gimmick or not, fans have been wanting to cheer for the Real Americans for almost a year now and the act is tremendously over. I enjoy the old school aspect of Rusev and Lana, but I think there is more money is seeing how far the Real Americans angle can go.

I love Cena, but I think the way his feud with Wyatt was booked utterly derailed Bray's momentum. Cena beat him three times straight up with no hint that Bray was a threat - and one of those times, Cena pretty much won a one-on-three with the whole Wyatt Family. 

Jericho doesn't have the cache to build Bray back up at this point. Their booking of Cesaro has been confusing, but Bray has it even worse than Cesaro does.  

I think they just fucked around and made Ambrose the top babyface in the company tonight. What were Cena and Reigns doing while he was getting jumped? Standing in the ring eating popcorn?

I wish Ambrose was getting the push that Reigns is getting right now. I like Roman, but they are kinda doing a Rocky Mavia type deal to him. People are really going to resent him in another six months or so because SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR and SUPERMAN PUNCH will get old quick. Ambrose can at least back up his position by cutting promos and bringing general insanity that people haven't seen in a while.

I almost can't believe how fast WWE went from really having me into it, to not giving a shit. After Mania, I thought there were 6 guys that were kinda leading to a new run at the top of the company. 2 of the are seemingly dead in the water in Bray and Cesaro. 3 are, as of now, injuried in Bryan, Barrett, and I'll assume Rollins. And then there is Dean, who is awesome, but if Rollins is out, will probably become lost.

Meanwhile, we have a title program featuring John Cena, Randy Orton, and Kane. Fucking Wonderful.

Isn't it always this way from May to Summerslam every year??

I wish every talking segment longer than five minutes got boring chants. 

I remember Cena once abruptly ended his promo after it got boring chants. So if it works why don't people do it more? Do they really feel a need to watch Triple H talk for 20 minutes?

Bo needs to win the battle royal. He needs to keep the streak going.

Zeb and his whole "I was face down in the mud and muck" line was so awesome. It's a shame Swagger is so bland...but man did the crowd ever get behind him. This is the most over the Tea Party has been in years.

Agree on both those counts.  Zeb shouldn't have been pro-Obama though, it doesn't fit a Tea Party gimmick.   That said, I live in a state where the Dem Senate candidate is pumping a ton of money into the wrestling shows (and the Republican is pumping a ton into soccer)

Ambrose- WWE creative needs to watch the whole Embry vs Devastation Inc on the WWE network for lessons in how to book Ambrose.  I just worry their lesson would result in them bring Tensai back as the son of PY Chu-HI.

Also, Adam Rose as a gimmick is now more stupid and annoying than Beaver Cleavage. 

So not only did Cena and Reigns care about helping Ambrose but the Usos - who had just gotten jumped a hour earlier and then started tweeting about it - couldn't be assed to come out and help Jericho

Why do all the faces hate each other?

• Like 3

Rey Mysterio doesn't see anything wrong with Rollins' finisher.

• Like 1

Well I don't know - if Rose started peddling OxiClean I might listen

I can just imagine Vince micromanging it and the production being haulted because he doesn't pronounce his own name right.

HE SAYS ANTINY....YOU GOTTA EMPHASIZE THE TIN IN YOUR NAME. AHDIM...SAY IT DAMN IT.

Rey Mysterio doesn't see anything wrong with Rollin's finisher.

See also people deciding it's a good idea to try and clothesline John Cena after he shoulder blocks them twice, and then also deciding to get up after the 5 Knuckle Shuffle.

That said - it's one thing for heels to do dumb things, but faces doing dumb things is dumb.