DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

The cynical part of me says that at least some of Eva Marie's supposedly huge backstage heat is because she's not interested in dating anyone in the company due to being with this guy.

Nope. Nobody in the diva division was pushed more than Trish and she was with her high school boyfriend throughout her run. Ended up marrying the guy. I saw someone in a shoot (maybe it was X-Pac? Could have been Hall or Nash) say that Vince respected Trish for being "drama free" or some such. 

Maybe Eva's rumored problems because she reeks of someone using the WWE as a day job before any kind of tenure in the company? The women are expected to leave for "bigger and better" things these days.. But that's usually after a few years and a title reign. Add that Eva seems so non-personable compared to the other broads. Even that crazy bitch Cameron seems to get a long with everyone.

The Eva Marie family storyline would be a lot more believable had they not showing her getting engaged earlier in season one. That episode aired the 1st week of August and Brie/DB's engagement was at the end of September. Unless the editing is completely wonky, is the viewer supposed to believe her family was not watching the show?

PS: after seeing her father on screen, I think we can all figure out why Eva does not drink.

Maybe Eva's rumored problems because she reeks of someone using the WWE as a day job before any kind of tenure in the company? The women are expected to leave for "bigger and better" things these days.. But that's usually after a few years and a title reign. Add that Eva seems so non-personable compared to the other broads. Even that crazy bitch Cameron seems to get a long with everyone.

tumblr_lj5xi7zfJE1qhr01io1_400.gif

The Eva Marie family storyline would be a lot more believable had they not showing her getting engaged earlier in season one. That episode aired the 1st week of August and Brie/DB's engagement was at the end of September. Unless the editing is completely wonky, is the viewer supposed to believe her family was not watching the show?

PS: after seeing her father on screen, I think we can all figure out why Eva does not drink.

I think the super redness of her roots says that it was editing. Granted her family is a family of assholes and if they don't watch her show, they can make her feel less than by not knowing anything that happened on it and then maybe throw in a "what, do you think you're special or something" when she's shocked they didn't know something. Or they saw it and prepared their outrage before finding the perfect time to unleash it. But I've heard enough about the editing process of reality shows and I guess seen it in action via Big Brother, to know that not all scenes are happening at the same time, just because they're on the same episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cena just likes his life as it is. I did find myself sympathizing with Nikki when she correctly pointed out she was making all the sacrifices and he wasn't making any. 

We can call Nikki annoying and over-bearing, but it's pretty obvious who's calling the shots in this relationship.

Vince McMahon?

vince-mcmahon-triple-h-gorilla-position-

This has to be a fairly recent picture, right?

Vince looks shockingly like a normal human being.

The cynical part of me says that at least some of Eva Marie's supposedly huge backstage heat is because she's not interested in dating anyone in the company due to being with this guy.

Nope. Nobody in the diva division was pushed more than Trish and she was with her high school boyfriend throughout her run. Ended up marrying the guy. I saw someone in a shoot (maybe it was X-Pac? Could have been Hall or Nash) say that Vince respected Trish for being "drama free" or some such. 

The Eva Marie heat is weird. I remember it being mentioned that even people in the company didn't actually know why they disliked her so much backstage, just that they didn't like who she played on-screen. Presumably these are the same folks who think Anthony Hopkins is really a serial killer.

Sure, she doesn't care much about wrestling. But I can think of a ton of guys (Goldberg, Nash) that that applies to as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So the goal is basically to end every Total Divas season with a wedding - right?

I mean since Naomi and whichever Uso she was banging's WEdding pics showing up on Twitter - I assume that is the season finale

And next season would be Bryan/Brie

After that? (Since clearly it wont be Cena/Nikki)

I can't be alone in looking at John Cena a lot different after getting a peak behind the curtain of his "real life." The cohabitation contract, the laundry, the self awareness of who he is. For the life of me I can't imagine why he agreed to participate in this show. It's E! the money can't be great. This really is a legendary company man moment.

• Like 1

I think Cena just likes his life as it is. I did find myself sympathizing with Nikki when she correctly pointed out she was making all the sacrifices and he wasn't making any. 

We can call Nikki annoying and over-bearing, but it's pretty obvious who's calling the shots in this relationship.

Vince McMahon?

vince-mcmahon-triple-h-gorilla-position-

This has to be a fairly recent picture, right?

Vince looks shockingly like a normal human being.

I think it's footage from the new training center opening.

I can't be alone in looking at John Cena a lot different after getting a peak behind the curtain of his "real life." The cohabitation contract, the laundry, the self awareness of who he is. For the life of me I can't imagine why he agreed to participate in this show. It's E! the money can't be great. This really is a legendary company man moment.

Honestly, I have no idea why WWE is OK with him being depicted like this in the show at all.  I mean I realize it's not all the same audience as main WWE programming, but still, damn.

Honestly, I have no idea why WWE is OK with him being depicted like this in the show at all.  I mean I realize it's not all the same audience as main WWE programming, but still, damn.

Seriously? He's setting the bar for successful men/women/anyone everywhere. He's sat down and said "no fuckery, this is what's up". He's looking like the don.

• Like 1

Speaking of the MLB, I looked up JoJo's real name so I could make a "best of luck in your future endeavors" joke and discovered that her name is almost exactly the same as Jose Offerman's.

This will blow your mind, she's Jose Offerman's daughter!