DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

That reminds me, was TJ seen at the wedding?  Considering where things stand with him and WWE (particularly him not being on the show) was he even seen next to Nattie?  Either that was some clever editing or he couldn't attend due to the WWE dispute.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 12:37 AM, gatling said:

All I know is, the WWE Network survey asking about original programming better have been in reference to Lloyd Peacock, Grappling Gardener.  I'll happily pay an extra $10 a month to get that show off the ground.

Buddy Peacock.  Now Lloyd Boner, Grappling Gardner, there's a money making operation....

11 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Buddy Peacock.  Now Lloyd Boner, Grappling Gardner, there's a money making operation....

I had to look that up, I'd never heard those were names he pitched as options when joining the WWE.  He must have really liked them though, because he combined them in his idea for a youtube gardening show he was telling Cena about in last week's episode.  There it was Lloyd Peacock, Grappling Gardener.

• 1 month later...

Y'know, on the question of "how much is this show entirely made up?", I'm usually comfortable with my answer of 100% - [Percentage of the show that is Daniel Bryan] - [(Percentage of the show that is Rusev)/2], but every so often something slips in that makes me wonder about that.

One of the recurring themes that we've heard from top guys current and former is that you've got to be willing to take risks and take stands. Left unspoken is the point that sometimes you will find yourself in opposition to the corporate machine if you do this. This week's episode shows two instances of wrestlers going around WWE Creative to try to forward their careers, and in both cases, after obligatory talking-tos by corporate sock-puppet and real life Waylon Smithers impersonator Mark Carano, they get what they want because either the idea is good (in Naomi's case) or because they're stuck in a box (in Lana's). It seems like a pretty true-to-life version of how shit happens backstage, and certainly not something WWE would necessarily want to publicize.

...and then there's the Bella Twins' road trip, where somehow even Birdie felt coached...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started season 7, which is the first time I've watched this show. I know it's probably 99% fake, but in some ways that makes it more wrestling then wrestling. It's kayfabe while pretending to be reality.

Love Maryse and Miz. Love Nikki and Brie and Bryan. Love Rusev and Lana. Don't care much for Naomi and Jimmy. Glad to see Carmella and Alexa on here too.

They've really worked hard to make Nia look ignorantly rude. I like her fight with Maryse, and then when Miz had to give Maryse a pep talk to cheer her up.

Anvil was funny as a real doof.