DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

I stopped halfway through because it really felt like a new low in my life to be watching this, but I do have to say it was bizarrely awesome seeing Bryan Danielson pretty heavily featured on a reality show on E.

Really?  Damn you must have lived a clean life.

I used to watch Top Model. It was a bad time in my life :lol:

I feel like its a bad idea showing a good guy living in a mansion and flying on jets. You assume they are super rich, but I feel it is best not to show it. It creates a disconnect with the audience. At least Austin had a militia hunting compound. That time they visited in 97. 

I dunno I grew up thinking every guy who wrestled on TV was rich with Million Dollar Man obviously being the wealthiest.

I did too. I just think its better not to show it. In the case of your top face who wrestles in jean shorts and a tee shirt. I feel like it makes him less relateable. 

At this point, most people have made up their minds on Cena. And an E! show won't change anyway. Nice to see the top guy in wrestling living it up. Hope he doesn't fuck it all up like some in the past.

This show is such a great train wreck.1) The Bella Twins are almost as boring on this show as they are on Raw! If they want to be the lead actresses on a slimy reality TV show, they have to really up the melodrama a lot. Whichever one is married to Daniel wanting to not live in Aberdeen -- well, yeah, I can't really blame her. And Cena's girl -- his thoughts on marriage are a little interesting but if it's not building up to a breakup or proposal, who cares? (And it'd have to be a proposal since Eva Marie is engaged.)  They also should look to book Cena and Bryan better. Bryan going on and on about how wonderful his house is would have sold the angle. And it could have been a good arc that naturally ends with Bryan agreeing to move and getting him and his girl over as faces in the process. Poorly done.

2) The Eva Marie as dancer gimmick was a little interesting. She's good in the young troublemaker role. It's too bad she'll be signing autographs at car dealership openings in a few month. I don't get the WWE's character with this -- she's a great template for a character. I wish they gave the spot to one of the NXT girls since they could parlay this into an actual on-air Raw role with a built-in fanbase and/or audience. There's no way the new girls know how to work. Wasted opportunity.

3) Nattie's a great "voice of reason" but, like all things Nattie, they're not finding her any screen time. It sucks because she's the most likely to take her Total Divas exposure and run with it as a babyface.

4) The Funkadactyls are the best characters on the show. I like their dynamic a lot. It actually comes off as super believable. Their whole deal with the seamstress (the best character so far) was really great for people who like wrestling minutiae like how sparkly costumes get made. It also shows the politicking of the industry a bit, too -- those girls screwed over the seamstress and she told them to go screw themselves. And of course the one girl said she'd take the blame and didn't at all.

This show is such a great train wreck.1) The Bella Twins are almost as boring on this show as they are on Raw! If they want to be the lead actresses on a slimy reality TV show, they have to really up the melodrama a lot. Whichever one is married to Daniel wanting to not live in Aberdeen -- well, yeah, I can't really blame her. And Cena's girl -- his thoughts on marriage are a little interesting but if it's not building up to a breakup or proposal, who cares? (And it'd have to be a proposal since Eva Marie is engaged.)  They also should look to book Cena and Bryan better. Bryan going on and on about how wonderful his house is would have sold the angle. And it could have been a good arc that naturally ends with Bryan agreeing to move and getting him and his girl over as faces in the process. Poorly done.

2) The Eva Marie as dancer gimmick was a little interesting. She's good in the young troublemaker role. It's too bad she'll be signing autographs at car dealership openings in a few month. I don't get the WWE's character with this -- she's a great template for a character. I wish they gave the spot to one of the NXT girls since they could parlay this into an actual on-air Raw role with a built-in fanbase and/or audience. There's no way the new girls know how to work. Wasted opportunity.

3) Nattie's a great "voice of reason" but, like all things Nattie, they're not finding her any screen time. It sucks because she's the most likely to take her Total Divas exposure and run with it as a babyface.

4) The Funkadactyls are the best characters on the show. I like their dynamic a lot. It actually comes off as super believable. Their whole deal with the seamstress (the best character so far) was really great for people who like wrestling minutiae like how sparkly costumes get made. It also shows the politicking of the industry a bit, too -- those girls screwed over the seamstress and she told them to go screw themselves. And of course the one girl said she'd take the blame and didn't at all.

How DARE you, sir! Nikki Bella put on a reality show clinic last night.

She turned to her sister's boyfriend, while on a private jet, and nonchalantly said to him, "and her dress was like *this*" while pulling down her dress strap and squeezing her boobs together. This worked on THREE different levels as she:

*Showed Bryan something she knows he'll never have (inappropriate). 

*Believed that Bryan would actually want that over what he has, which is her own sister (delusions of grandeur/backstabber).

*Did all of this in front of her boyfriend, John Cena - who was way too complicit in the matter (creepy).

She then followed that up by rubbing her rich boyfriend's house/stuff in her sister's face, and went into a rage about overcast WA weather; the Danielson family war chest and goosesh*t. There isn't a woman on earth, watching this show, who will like her after that. 

Within half an episode she turned her sister face, Cena heel (if all of this isn't building to him dumping her) and established herself as the source for all viewer's rage.

She did exactly what the producers would want her to do, which is why all of the advertisements featured them prominently.

Good people don't do well on reality shows. That's why Nattie won't sniff a second of screen time until the wedding angle, and JoJo hasn't been seen doing much of note yet.

Naomi is doing the same thing as Nikki, on a smaller scale (since her boyfriend isn't John Cena) and is doing just as good a job of turning her partner face in the process.

Eva Marie is the epitome of someone who is willing to do anything to get ahead - including going along with every stupid planned/fake stunt that the producers suggest to her (pretending to dye her hair "the wrong color"; telling WWE she can dance when she can't). She even went along with a random on-camera proposal. She will be a star from this show - even if she never sees a minute of screen time from WWE.

• Like 4

I'm guessing there's an angle planned for Eva Marie once the show ends because it seems like the whole thing is a vehicle to get her over. I think it's kind of funny how this show tries to portray the Bellas as the biggest divas going today, even though they haven't really done anything since they've been back. Kind of disappointed we haven't even gotten a cameo from Kaitlyn or AJ. 

And as someone who doesn't watch a lot of reality tv, that hotel room proposal scene is what I imagine just about every reality show to look like.

I had the feeling Eva Marie couldn't be Faaaan Dannnnnn Goooo's dance partner because she didn't know how to say his name.  It's not Fandango.  It's Faaaan.  Dannnn...Goooo. 

But then Faaaan Dannnn  Goooo appeared on screen and referred to himself as Fandango.  So either he doesn't know how to say his name either or wrestling is fake.  Which is it you guys?

• Like 1

How DARE you, sir! Nikki Bella put on a reality show clinic last night.

She turned to her sister's boyfriend, while on a private jet, and nonchalantly said to him, "and her dress was like *this*" while pulling down her dress strap and squeezing her boobs together. This worked on THREE different levels as she:

*Showed Bryan something she knows he'll never have (inappropriate). 

*Believed that Bryan would actually want that over what he has, which is her own sister (delusions of grandeur/backstabber).

*Did all of this in front of her boyfriend, John Cena - who was way too complicit in the matter (creepy).

She then followed that up by rubbing her rich boyfriend's house/stuff in her sister's face, and went into a rage about overcast WA weather; the Danielson family war chest and goosesh*t. There isn't a woman on earth, watching this show, who will like her after that. 

Within half an episode she turned her sister face, Cena heel (if all of this isn't building to him dumping her) and established herself as the source for all viewer's rage.

She did exactly what the producers would want her to do, which is why all of the advertisements featured them prominently.

Good people don't do well on reality shows. That's why Nattie won't sniff a second of screen time until the wedding angle, and JoJo hasn't been seen doing much of note yet.

Naomi is doing the same thing as Nikki, on a smaller scale (since her boyfriend isn't John Cena) and is doing just as good a job of turning her partner face in the process.

Eva Marie is the epitome of someone who is willing to do anything to get ahead - including going along with every stupid planned/fake stunt that the producers suggest to her (pretending to dye her hair "the wrong color"; telling WWE she can dance when she can't). She even went along with a random on-camera proposal. She will be a star from this show - even if she never sees a minute of screen time from WWE.

You are making a strong argument for Nikki being the lead villain of the show. I also forgot about the part where Cena said to Brie "Are you sure..." about the Aberdeen estate.However, everyone has completely no-sold Nikki being horrible! There's nothing from Brie at all about this. In fact, she fell under Nikki's sway! Unless Bryan bugs out at some point, it's a waste of a good angle.Eva Marie is a total waste of a good character. Imagine how much better the angle would have been if it was Emma from NXT claiming she can dance and then busting out her trademark move in front of everyone? That would have launched her to superstardom, especially since she and Summer Rae already have dance-off feuding experience. (On tape delay; the dance off is on Thursday's NXT.)

• Like 1

I haven't, nor will I, watch a second of the show but I was going to say that it's a lock for the "twin sisters switch places to see if the boyfriend can tell the difference" bit to happen.

Then I remembered that one of the Bellas got the fake cans so that's out the window

• Like 1

BTW, I am super excited for the Eva Marie/Jo-Jo split at some point. Their PPV match is going to be must-watch. What was the divas match with the Tough Enough people that was arguably the worst match in Raw history? I remember Trish was in it and I think stiffed the hell out of someone.It is kinda awesome though that the Divas who are actually worth something are kept far away from this. I completely forget if the Funkadactyl girls can work or not.

Layla has reality TV chops but she also can perform. LayCool was one of my favorite acts, particularly when Layla said something like "My butt hurts!" after getting sunset flipped on some random Smackdown match. I can't see her having anything but the Nattie role of the moral center. But they actually like using Layla on screen so there she goes.I'm super glad that AJ is far away from this mess. She has zero reality TV potential. Her media appearances makes her come off as someone who grew up as an actual wrestling fan (unlike, oh, every other diva who were failed models whose pictures ended up on the right person's desk) who works very hard at her craft and is excellent at it.The great irony is, though, AJ's on-screen character of the unhinged ex-girlfriend who snaps whenever her fragile self-confidence is damaged would be the best reality TV persona.

You are making a strong argument for Nikki being the lead villain of the show. I also forgot about the part where Cena said to Brie "Are you sure..." about the Aberdeen estate.

However, everyone has completely no-sold Nikki being horrible! There's nothing from Brie at all about this. In fact, she fell under Nikki's sway! Unless Bryan bugs out at some point, it's a waste of a good angle.Eva Marie is a total waste of a good character. Imagine how much better the angle would have been if it was Emma from NXT claiming she can dance and then busting out her trademark move in front of everyone? That would have launched her to superstardom, especially since she and Summer Rae already have dance-off feuding experience. (On tape delay; the dance off is on Thursday's NXT.)

This show is operating off of multiple realities.

Bryan Danielson is appearing on the reality show program 'Total Divas' as himself. He is, as best as I can tell, the only genuinely real person on this show.

John Cena is appearing on-screen as himself or "John Cena - Bella Twin Boyfriend" - either recreating a past relationship/filming a current relationship with Nikki Bella. He is either a real person, like Bryan, or playing a character - depending on if he's still with Nikki Bella.

Nikki and Brie Bella are playing the role of Nikki and Brie Bella, where they are asked to interact with their real-life boyfriends and create/recreate dramatic moments that have taken place throughout their lives. 

As an example: I'm sure Bryan and Brie had a conversation, about living in Aberdeen, at some point - the resolution to which will be shown next week (they move to Phoenix together), but it didn't necessarily have to be during the point in time when E! was filming them. This could have taken place a year before filming, but E! just asked them to recreate what happened - as a vehicle to continue the 'good twin/bad twin' angle E! has been slow-burning these first two episodes.

Everything on this show is either: Real, fake or based on reality.

I haven't, nor will I, watch a second of the show but I was going to say that it's a lock for the "twin sisters switch places to see if the boyfriend can tell the difference" bit to happen.

Then I remembered that one of the Bellas got the fake cans so that's out the window

One of the twins has the Winged Eagle tats that keep poking up from her waistline, so fooling the BFs would be pretty difficult.

One of the twins has the Winged Eagle tats that keep poking up from her waistline, so fooling the BFs would be pretty difficult.

I thought I read somewhere it's a butterfly. Not that it matters.

Thinking about the scenes at Bryan's childhood home, I'm really surprised they didn't have Nikki comment on how creepy it is that Bryan and Brie are sharing Bryan's parent's bed (well not the mattress, but the frame). Brie comes off so likeable in all of this. If they split the Bella's up, Nikki would easily be one of the biggest female heels ever on her own.

The gifs from this show are going to be so brilliant 5 years down the line when no one remembers the context.  Fandango kissing his own hand and Bryan's doggy paddle were the choice moments from this week.

I really want this to somehow end up with Brie growing jealous of her sister's place and wealth and the like and it ends with her becoming Mr. McMahon's mistress.If we have to put up with Vince for the rest of the year, we might as well have Daniel in the Austin role.