DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

I had all of my wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. Three were normal, one was impacted. Between the nitrous and the Novocaine I felt no pain. I could feel them rooting around and the teeth getting pulled with the pliers. I could even feel the drill in my mouth going after the impacted one. Even after everything wore off there wasn't a lot of discomfort. Feels so good to finally be rid of the cold sensation that started back in Feb.

• Like 2

A few years ago, I had two of mine removed.  One came out easily.  The other, they had to crush to get it out.  I felt no pain but had to go back a few days later, as they left  a painful shard of tooth stuck in my gums.  They told me it happens all the time.

Edited by Technico Support

When I got my top row wisdom teeth yanked out years ago, first one came out no problem. Second one had a third root in it, and it took so long the freezing was wearing off, and I had to put my arms in front of my face to get the dentist to stop and shoot me up again.

When they decided the bottom ones had to come out, they sent me directly to the surgeon. He wasn't taking the chance of triple roots again.

Coming home from work and there were workmen digging up the road. At 2350 on Easter Saturday. Unusual. Neighbour said the power was out, but when I got in, mine was working fine. Then it went out five minutes later. It just came back on. 0426 in the morning. And immediately my burglar alarm started going off for five minutes because they don't like it when you depower them, they think it means someone's trying to fuck with them. Fucking arseholes.

I had 3 of my wisdom teeth removed in late 2005. One was heavily impacted, another was also pretty messed up. The third decayed immediately upon coming in. I didn't feel anything during the surgery. Had a bit of pain afterwards, but the painkillers took care of that in a couple of days. I suppose I got lucky with that. It went smoothly.

I am dangerously close to sending a DM to someone here and cussing them out beyond belief. 

Rare is it for me to say this, but I really loathe that motherfucker. Always got something smarmy to say, despite my often ignoring him. Always got to make fun of folks who see things differently. What is the point of being on a message board if I got to worry about him being a jerk?

Absolute shitfuck. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

I am dangerously close to sending a DM to someone here and cussing them out beyond belief. 

Rare is it for me to say this, but I really loathe that motherfucker. Always got something smarmy to say, despite my often ignoring him. Always got to make fun of folks who see things differently. What is the point of being on a message board if I got to worry about him being a jerk?

Absolute shitfuck. 

Ok, I'm not sure if it's me. Just in case, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I think it might be me.

@NikoBaltimore You really don't get this or understand that I ignore this person. I don't respond to them in threads. But as I'm signing in to the board, I'll sometimes see where they've responded to something I've said. And it's always rude and condescending.

I don't expect understanding here, I know it's not coming. But I was hoping I could vent without the 'friendly' advice. But NOOOOOOO.

32 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

@NikoBaltimore You really don't get this or understand that I ignore this person. I don't respond to them in threads. But as I'm signing in to the board, I'll sometimes see where they've responded to something I've said. And it's always rude and condescending.

I don't expect understanding here, I know it's not coming. But I was hoping I could vent without the 'friendly' advice. But NOOOOOOO.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you already did that.  I get what you mean now.  My post was well-intentioned and not meant to undermine what you were saying.  If you took it that way I really do apologize.

EDIT:  If you wish to put me on ignore I understand, but I like you and wish you the best.  Again, I'm sorry.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

On 4/20/2019 at 11:28 PM, AxB said:

Coming home from work and there were workmen digging up the road. At 2350 on Easter Saturday. Unusual. Neighbour said the power was out, but when I got in, mine was working fine. Then it went out five minutes later. It just came back on. 0426 in the morning. And immediately my burglar alarm started going off for five minutes because they don't like it when you depower them, they think it means someone's trying to fuck with them. Fucking arseholes.

You haven't lived until you've been A) displaced from your apartment because of a water main break, B) stayed with your girlfriend for the night, and C) been kept up for no good reason because someone decided to fire up a FUCKING CHAINSAW AND JACKHAMMER ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AFTER MIDNIGHT.  My ex used to live very close to the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore, and they were doing some renos, some goddamned dolt decided that 12:30 AM was the time to start working on those particular repairs.

Luckily the woman who lived two doors down gave them the sassiest and stankest of tongue-lashings about 20 minutes later, so I didn't have to go out there and scream myself.

In other news, this probably means I'm a shitty person - well, shittier in different ways - but I really fucking loathe it when cars stop to let me cross the street, when they're the only car in their direction.  It's just you!  Just go!  Be more aware of your surroundings!  Takes more damn energy for you to stop your car than it takes for me to wait!  It isn't courteous - it's ethically neutral!

I usually just fake out the person by pretending to keep walking another direction, then cross when they move.  This morning, I didn't do that.  Grrrr.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you already did that.  I get what you mean now.  My post was well-intentioned and not meant to undermine what you were saying.  If you took it that way I really do apologize.

No, it's male psychology. If Women are being stressed by something, they relieve the stress by talking about it. But men are hardwired to see things of that manner as problems (and problems mandate solutions), so they naturally respond to the vent talk with advice. Which, although it leaves their mouth with the best of intentions, by the time it arrives at the female ear it's become loaded heavily with inadvertent arrogance and condescension. So trying to help merely exacerbates things.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AxB said:

No, it's male psychology. If Women are being stressed by something, they relieve the stress by talking about it. But men are hardwired to see things of that manner as problems (and problems mandate solutions), so they naturally respond to the vent talk with advice. Which, although it leaves their mouth with the best of intentions, by the time it arrives at the female ear it's become loaded heavily with inadvertent arrogance and condescension. So trying to help merely exacerbates things.

Yeah, that's something I struggle with and it ends up making me feel like a piece of shit for quite awhile (like it did yesterday)  I should have listened to my gut and not posted but what's done is done.

See that picture of the leader of Isis that just came out? Would it be in terribly poor taste to make it into a meme that says "That feeling when you thought you were going to take over the world, and now you can't even afford beard dye"?

• Haha 2

On 4/24/2019 at 12:06 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeah, that's something I struggle with and it ends up making me feel like a piece of shit for quite awhile (like it did yesterday)  I should have listened to my gut and not posted but what's done is done.

Don't ever feel bad for caring or trying to help others. 

I have been in a really bad mood for over a week. I get why I am, but I thought I had found a way to cork up the negativity. Then last few days I have just been going off on everyone, online and real life. It could be because I have serious problems that can't be solved or I am not venting in safe doses.

• Thanks 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

The 20th annual Gathering of the Juggalos is going to take place 20 minutes from here. 

Should I sweep up all the Faygo from local stores and set up a roadside stand with marked up prices or leave town that week?

5 hours ago, Victator said:

Don't ever feel bad for caring or trying to help others. 

I have been in a really bad mood for over a week. I get why I am, but I thought I had found a way to cork up the negativity. Then last few days I have just been going off on everyone, online and real life. It could be because I have serious problems that can't be solved or I am not venting in safe doses.

Thank you for that.  In the past I have been guilty of sticking my nose in places where it shouldn't be among friends.  Where I thought I was helping unintentionally made things worse.  It's gotten a lot better over the years but that was an indication that sometimes I need to either re-word how I say things or just butt out of situations that don't involve me.  Hopefully all is well for those involved.

I can definitely be a miserable bastard and that part of me came through a lot last summer into fall when shit got crazy at work.  In some instances I still had that reputation for a while after with some which hurts and I've had to clear the air with them.  It took some therapy and some CBD oil (thankfully it's legal here) but I got it mostly under control.  What I found helps more than all that is going to the gym.  It just allows me that time to process what's been going on and also let out all that aggression into whatever I do.  And even when I venture close to being a prick after a workout I feel an immediate difference.  All goes well I do Thursday-Saturday but considering how that made my whole body turn into jello I'll have to space the days out.  Not saying it's something that'll work for everybody but it sure works for me.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

The 20th annual Gathering of the Juggalos is going to take place 20 minutes from here. 

Should I sweep up all the Faygo from local stores and set up a roadside stand with marked up prices or leave town that week?

I think you should go as "Juggalo" Jimmy Del Ray in a pair of tights and boots with your face painted like ICP while gyrating your stomach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I went to vote in the council elections this morning. I thought it was odd, in the last few weeks I'd only gotten leafletted by Labour and the Independent Group (nb: Stealth Conservatives; They know if they admit to being Tories none of us council estate trade unionists will vote for them. So they say "We're nothing to do with Politics, we just know what's fair" and hope people fall for it). But anyway. No leaflets from the Conservatives, Lib Dems, UKIP, nothing. I go to vote. County Council, vote for three of the above. Six names, three Labour, three Independent. Town council, vote for six of the above. Seven names, six Labour, one Independent. 

Not very democratic, is it? Two party systems don't work if one party can't be arsed to try.

9 hours ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

I'm guessing that a suggestion involving massive amounts of plastic explosives would be considered in poor taste...

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

So I went to vote in the council elections this morning. I thought it was odd, in the last few weeks I'd only gotten leafletted by Labour and the Independent Group (nb: Stealth Conservatives; They know if they admit to being Tories none of us council estate trade unionists will vote for them. So they say "We're nothing to do with Politics, we just know what's fair" and hope people fall for it). But anyway. No leaflets from the Conservatives, Lib Dems, UKIP, nothing. I go to vote. County Council, vote for three of the above. Six names, three Labour, three Independent. Town council, vote for six of the above. Seven names, six Labour, one Independent. 

Not very democratic, is it? Two party systems don't work if one party can't be arsed to try.

Next time stand for election representing the the Monster Raving Loony Party! You might get named 4th Earl of Harrow!

• Like 1

If I was going to become an Earl, I'd move six miles north. To Eaton.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 7